Need some advice on selling beats

M

Musikal1

I don't have any contracts written up for people who buy my music and it frustrates me because i know i can get taken advantage of.

Reality is i don't have money for a lawyer to revise any contracts i write up and we all know lawyers are expensive and manipulating.

Every time you ask for help on FP somebody refers you to some book when your on a MUSIC PRODUCTION forum for a reason and asking other producers who act like their big shots online....for a reason right?

My current problem is that i NEED a contract for selling my music exclusively stating that i get all my credits etc.

I have no experience whatsoever to even dream about writing up one of these contracts and out of all the research Ive done on FP it seems ill never get pointed in the right direction.

If anybody would be kind enough to finally end all these stupid threads about contracts and selling beats etc. and actually HELP out by maybe a step by step guide or idk just something we can use to point us in the right direction.

it will be greatly appreciated by not only me but the many producers out here who are struggling across the same obstacle.

On any forum like this, questions like yours are going to end with unsatisfactory answers. People who don't know but think they know something are more than happy to chime in. People who do know may be reluctant to give an answer for various reasons. With a question regarding contracts, that's especially true, since it involves legal issues, and lawyers are legally and ethically prohibited from answering specific legal questions. In other words: anyone who can give you answers can get into trouble if they do give you answers.

My general advice is that if you NEED a contract, get a lawyer. As much as they cost, it's a lot cheaper to prevent problems than fix problems. If cost is really a burden, check to see if your area has an organization that provides free or low-cost legal services to artists - that kind of thing is out there.

Appreciate the info.

I was just kind of mad because everybody tells you to write your own when your asking for the same exact thing for example:

If you want a contract to sell sampled beats and just want to let the artist know its his duty to clear the sample not the producers etc...

Plus all the other basic beat selling principles included in most contracts.

It wouldn't hurt just to point somebody in the right direction but hey

its FP!

I would check out the sticky's about copyright registering and google "non/exclusive music contract samples" and build your contract from what you find...

Last edited:
Back