Name left out of ending credits

KnowNo1

All,

I'm sure if this is in the right category. However I worked on a video project in which I did some mixing/mastering and sound design to as a favor. Money at the time and even now was not the main focus for doing work on this project.

The issue is that I have is my name was not listed in the closing credits for the work I did. It was caught by me as soon as I watched the finished product that was already posted online for the world to see. The person responsible I guess assumed I wouldn't notice, or thinks my vision is very poor, very poor! Issue 1.

I brought up the missing credit. Received the "my bad, on me..." weeks ago No changes made, no amendments to the video, no !@#$ mention of it in the comments area by the person responsible. Issue 2.

I'll keep this short, lastly a person who did something extremely insignificant in the video name was mentioned to make matters laughable at this point.
And the video have received upwards of 200k shares.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,

KnQwNQ1

Last edited:
You should have gotten credit. Did you have only a verbal agreement, or something in writing?

Unfortunately, there isn’t much to be done right now, if you don’t want to waste money suing over a no-pay job. Use the experience as free education; we all have them. Use the work (if you think it meets your standards) as a resume builder anyway. If anyone asks, at least you’ll have a story to tell. But get it in writing in the future; that is where your leverage can begin in cases like this.

If you feel particularly mean-spirited about the whole affair, you could mount an aggressive social media campaign... Any actions taken now have to be weighed against your interest/desire and/or possibility of working with these people in the future, however.

GJ

Last edited:
You should have gotten credit. Did you have only a verbal agreement, or something in writing?

Unfortunately, there isn’t much to be done right now, if you don’t want to waste money suing over a no-pay job. Use the experience as free education; we all have them. Use the work (if you think it meets your standards) as a resume builder anyway. If anyone asks, at least you’ll have a story to tell. But get it in writing in the future; that is where your leverage can begin in cases like this.

If you feel particularly mean-spirited about the whole affair, you could mount an aggressive social media campaign... Any actions taken now have to be weighed against your interest/desire and/or possibility of working with these people in the future, however.

GJ

GJ,
Thanks for your input. I have no desire to do business with that person (family) again and seeing how this was handled over a non-money situation I can just imagine the outcome of a possible money situation when the right thing was not done here.

I try to keep my meanness to a limit and let the KARMA GODS deal with em'. I'll keep the public out of it as much as possible, however, considered that tho!
I do have all the source material, time stamps, etc... and could make a remix. But naaah

Peace

GJ,
Thanks for your input. I have no desire to do business with that person (family) again and seeing how this was handled over a non-money situation I can just imagine the outcome of a possible money situation when the right thing was not done here.

I try to keep my meanness to a limit and let the KARMA GODS deal with em'. I'll keep the public out of it as much as possible, however, considered that tho!
I do have all the source material, time stamps, etc... and could make a remix. But naaah

Peace

Dig; that seems like a good decision... If you didn't sign anything, and you have all of the source tracks, that puts you more in a position of power than they, IMHO. Keep an eye on the shares/likes/hits, etc. Is the video monetized? If it ever became big enough, you might get an attorney to look over the case for some compen$ation owed. But it won't make any sense unless they are actually generating decent income.

Sorry that was done to you. People suck sometimes. especially people "in the business." Remember the words of Homer Simpson-- "...the most important lesson in the music business; never trust people in the music business..."

GJ

Dig; that seems like a good decision... If you didn't sign anything, and you have all of the source tracks, that puts you more in a position of power than they, IMHO. Keep an eye on the shares/likes/hits, etc. Is the video monetized? If it ever became big enough, you might get an attorney to look over the case for some compen$ation owed. But it won't make any sense unless they are actually generating decent income.

Sorry that was done to you. People suck sometimes. especially people "in the business." Remember the words of Homer Simpson-- "...the most important lesson in the music business; never trust people in the music business..."

GJ

Indeed, Thanks again for your input. The video isn't monetized, just all of the missed opportunities for advertisement is bothersome and from some of the comments I read several of my peers enjoyed the vid. I'm very familiar with the words of Homer Simpson aka Homer Simpsoy and he did get revenge on those guys from the bar who kept knocking him out and dragging him outside right?
I'll let this person make it.

Peace,1.JPG

Back