Marketing my self as east Indian even though I am not.

famfu

I go by the name famfu for past few years.

Famfu made my friend think east indian.

I admit it sort of does.

Do you agree?

famfu the great Dragon

I'd be careful about how you go about it. Look up cultural appropriation. You don't want to do that. Be honest about who you are and what your inspiration is, use the elements of that culture respectfully, and you won't have a problem. But pretending to be something you're not almost always ends badly.

I think you misunderstood my post.
I am just asking if the name famfu sounds ethnic. After my friend said it sort of sounded east indian.

I'd be careful about how you go about it. Look up cultural appropriation. You don't want to do that. Be honest about who you are and what your inspiration is, use the elements of that culture respectfully, and you won't have a problem. But pretending to be something you're not almost always ends badly.

Your advice seems wise, first time hearing the term cultural appropriation. It also goes much deeper than the name selection of an artist.

I think you misunderstood my post.
I am just asking if the name famfu sounds ethnic. After my friend said it sort of sounded east indian.

I think that's fine, I just took "marketing myself as east Indian" to mean telling everyone you're east indian in the hopes it will lead to more exposure. But if you want to theme your music after that or even some album covers and names, I don't see a problem.

I think that's fine, I just took "marketing myself as east Indian" to mean telling everyone you're east indian in the hopes it will lead to more exposure. But if you want to theme your music after that or even some album covers and names, I don't see a problem.

yes easy to misconstrue my click bait title. lol.

The whole point of the name famfu is that it means nothing to me.
I am nothing just a vessel that channels the darkness of the world into music.

Thank you for your input on my current alias

Back