How many records are being sold per release on Beatport?

E

emanresu_007

Im interested to find out the normal sales volumes (or range of sales) that records are recieving at the moment from tracks sold on Beatport. (particularly house music).

My buddy said that the top well know Drum and Bass record labels on Beatport average up to 1500 sales, for a good release - that artists recieve $.50 for each record.

Whats it like for the house music industry?
What sort of sales per record are people receiving on Beatport?

Last edited:
Lets face it its not much income really. You'd be better off getting a Saturday job + meet more people.

I see Beatport more as a door opener. If you publish a great house tune at BP, odds are you will get contacted by bigger fish somehow.
I don´t think sales are gonna save day but a song does not go viral without rotation, by any means. So if you have good songs, send them out by tune core (or similar), Soundcloud and Beatport; youtube etc..

Yes, I agree with you - you can get your name out, but I want to know, the sales volumes from what people are recieving. Aparently, Beatport sold 77 Million tracks - over 10 years.. Thats 21,000 tracks sold a DAY..I have never seen real evidence that there is $1000's of dollers in it.

So what type of sales are people getting? Just interested!

My buddy said that the top well know Drum and Bass record labels on Beatport average up to 1500 sales, for a good release - that artists recieve $.50 for each record.

I guess the same D&B labels sell much more on Juno, don't they??

Here's an insight into the sales of a small EDM label:

For an average Deep House tune you can expect 75 - 150 sales on Beatport with a little promotion.

Hey, thanks for the information, if 75-150 sales is accurate, then that seems realistic. maybe 50$ for the artist, or more, if you have your own label via Rebeat etc.
Do you know anymore about these figures, are they definite? What sort of promotion do you do? (youtube or?)

The bigger labels, will take up to 1500, as a whole for each release across all outlet stores.
75-150, if you think about, its not much, but if you have an EP or more, then possibly, 300 sales?, Its a starting point anyway, isnt it? It can start to pay for the equipment, but at the same time, its not much really, in the grand scheme of things!

Last edited:
Its a starting point anyway, isnt it? It can start to pay for the equipment, but at the same time, its not much really, in the grand scheme of things!

If you want to earn money then a weekend job at McDonalds would be a better idea ;)

Just sum up the hours of producing, mixing, uploading, promoting, dmca takedowns etc. and compare it with what you've earned with your tracks.

Back