How do you cancel BMI membership?

I am at a loss as to why you would want to leave?

No matter what happens, you need someone to collect your performing and mechanical rights splits, so unless you are moving to another collection agency< I'd stick with them.

If you are moving to another collection agency, give them written authorisation to act on your behalf to transfer all existing works to their catalogue from any other rights collection organisation/agency....

You can only leave BMI once a year--when your contract is up. You have to write a letter to them and, once that date come around (the date you joined) you are free to join ASCAP or others. I joined in November, 2006 I think. If I write a letter now, I can quit in Nov. 2012. But if I wait until December to write the letter, I'd have to wait until Nov. 2013 to quit BMI. Get it?

You can only leave BMI once a year--when your contract is up. You have to write a letter to them and, once that date come around (the date you joined) you are free to join ASCAP or others. I joined in November, 2006 I think. If I write a letter now, I can quit in Nov. 2012. But if I wait until December to write the letter, I'd have to wait until Nov. 2013 to quit BMI. Get it?

You don't have to do this in writing (it's probably best though). When i quit i called them and told them to take off the auto renew from my membership. I had to confirm my SS/Email/Address and member number

Back