How do producers make money anymore?

bendorr

I see all these pictures of people like Jahil hopping off of jets into beamers, or young chop flashing hundreds, but how do producers make bank anymore? I mean, nobody is buying records, and radio airplay can't bring in that much, so how are these guys still making millions? Syncs? please help.

I see all these pictures of people like Jahil hopping off of jets into beamers, or young chop flashing hundreds, but how do producers make bank anymore? I mean, nobody is buying records, and radio airplay can't bring in that much, so how are these guys still making millions? Syncs? please help.

staged pictures????
alot of those mansions in those videos are rented for the day
as well as the jewelry

licensing your music for tv,film is a great way to make money today

Radio airplay still brings in that kind of money.

Producers still get royalties from the songs they produce. The market may have changed but still websites like youtube and spotify provide payment for each play of the song and a percentage goes to the producer (depending on the deal).

An other way is a flat upfront fee for exclusive rights that can amount to tens of thousands of dollars for those few big producers.

Now as fataltone said the magnitude of the portrayed wealth is just promotional and not real most of the time.

Radio airplay still brings in that kind of money.
How much does it bring in? its says that stations pay by the license fee and not by play, so I figured the biggest producers get the most, even if a small timer produced a hit that year

Back