How do i receive royalties?

thetrap

Hi,

Amateur question I know!

I have co produced a song which is set to be quite big. The other co producer has taken down my name and CAE/IPI number and signed me down for my percentage. My question is do I also need to register the work on my PRO? OR would i receive the royalties anyway because he has entered my info on his? If i do have to register the song aswell on my PRO, how do i find out all the information thats needed (Alot of info is needed that I don't know!)? Should i be getting a copy of the split sheet? I'm new to this so i apologise

any help would be great!

There is a couple things you need to do

Ideally - I would register to:

ASCAP or BMI

SoundExchange

and Harry Fox so that you are able to get your royalties from all places that are required to provide you with your royalties. It's important that you knock out all of these. I'll let you do your research to find out how to participate in each one but this info is what you need.

Hi,

Amateur question I know!

I have co produced a song which is set to be quite big. The other co producer has taken down my name and CAE/IPI number and signed me down for my percentage. My question is do I also need to register the work on my PRO? OR would i receive the royalties anyway because he has entered my info on his? If i do have to register the song aswell on my PRO, how do i find out all the information thats needed (Alot of info is needed that I don't know!)? Should i be getting a copy of the split sheet? I'm new to this so i apologise

any help would be great!

Back