Thread: How do I contact Video Game Companies?

D-Funkdafied Guest

How do I contact Video Game Companies?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I would like to create music for some indie and major video game companies as well as other entertainment fields.
    I have emailed LOADS of companies but I get nothing.

How do I successfully go about it?

Thanks
    go to video game conferences, attend release parties/black box betas, network, connect, make friends and always push your portfolio (cd of your music) onto anyone who will take it......
    BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
    Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
    Tutorials and other ideas available here
    My SoundCloud

Thanks
    Honestly, you should just get good enough at your music to where you can get hired by a music library or ad agency as a staff composer. If you work at one of these companies, they will be chasing you and the other staff composers to knock out music.

Clients such as video game companies and corporations would rather pay more money and work with professional music companies instead of scrappy individuals with talent. These companies do not know you and do not care to know you unless you are affiliated with a bigger and more established entity.

D-Funkdafied Guest
    OK. Thanks for the advice guys. I suppose I will need to think about that!
    But, what sort of companies am I eligible to join that will offer such opportunities?
    Last edited by D-Funkdafied; 10-02-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Funkdafied View Post
    OK. Thanks for the advice guys. I suppose I will need to think about that!
    But, what sort of companies am I eligible to join that will offer such opportunities?
    There are services that connect you to these supervisors. Taxi and Pump Audio are 2 big ones, but there are many more. Sometimes, they cost money. Sometimes they need you to "audition", and if they don't think your music can sell, you will be rejected.

But the key words in bandcoach's reply are crucial... "..anyone who will take it." Most of these supervisors have ways to find their own music. Sending in unsolicited music will likely lead to nothing.

Thanks
    Last edited by Desire Inspires; 10-02-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks
    If you want AAA game companies you going to have to go through a company like Taxi, Pump Audio, etc. like someone mentioned above

Independent games are way easier to get your music into. I've made custom music for a couple of indie games myself and it was really fun..most indie devs will grant you near complete creative freedom. All you have to do is post on game development forums or you can usually contact them directly ( email, twitter, etc. )

Thread Information