Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i collect royalties?

Thanks

How do i collect royalties?

Sign in to disable this ad
    how am i able to get royalties? how much does it cost to sign up with bmi and get royalties? im a producer and i want to start getting placements but i want to setup royalties first

Thanks
    If you found this forum you should be able to find info online about Publishing Rights Organizations.
    "Once black music leaves its original context, it begins to take on different meanings and serve different functions, and it is interpreted very differently." Portia Maultsby

Thanks
    you have to make a beat first

Thanks
    Pretty sure that the "OP" here is also a known FP quantity. But in the interest of egalitarian fairness:

1) Sign-up with ASCAP or BMI (your choice), as a songwriter, or as a publisher (so you can have a place for all of the show business royalty cash to accumulate legally)

2) Write hit songs, then sign with a label that can promote them successfully

3) Collect checks through your chosen PRO (performance rights organization)-- these are for radio and TV play only; movie and other video sync is separate, and album/singles sales royalties are a contractual matter for you and your label/management/business hierarchy

!Voila! Instant royalties.

GJ
    Last edited by rhythmgj; 01-18-2017 at 09:02 AM. Reason: ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OGBama View Post
    If you found this forum you should be able to find info online about Publishing Rights Organizations.
    Performance*** Rights Organization

Thanks
    Correct^^^^

GJ

Thanks
    So how's it going, have you signed with a PRO yet?

Thanks
    I tried signing with a PRO but it's really difficult to do outside the US.
    You have to have some kind of tax number which requires sending your passport off to get legalised (isn't it already a legal document ?) which costs a few hundred dollars, or pounds in my case.
    Then with the other stuff the total was racking up to a few hundred, which I can't justify at this point.

I dont get why they make it so difficult for people...not everyone lives in the US.
    The other PROS outside the US have to invite you to be a member, you can't just join.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adge2013 View Post
    I tried signing with a PRO but it's really difficult to do outside the US.
    You have to have some kind of tax number which requires sending your passport off to get legalised (isn't it already a legal document ?) which costs a few hundred dollars, or pounds in my case.
    Then with the other stuff the total was racking up to a few hundred, which I can't justify at this point.

I dont get why they make it so difficult for people...not everyone lives in the US.
    The other PROS outside the US have to invite you to be a member, you can't just join.
    I'm from Germany and I'm signed with ASCAP. All you need to do is fill out a W-8Ben form and send it to them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to King-Vis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Vis View Post
    I'm from Germany and I'm signed with ASCAP. All you need to do is fill out a W-8Ben form and send it to them.
    Can I ask what you used for this?

U.S. taxpayer identification number (SSN or ITIN)

Thread Information