How Can I Profit Off of my Talent?

-/-

I've been making beats/"producing" since I was a freshman in HS now im 20 and i definitely have perfected my sound to where I can sit down and make a hit like its nothing. Im not a clone of anyone I really think I'm making beats like nobody else. I know that I could be making trash that sounds godly to me, but trust me i'm good at this. Now theres gotta be a billion + musicians like myself just sitting on goldmines of talent. I have no idea where to start with selling/putting out music. My soundcloud isn't a great example because I tend not to upload my gems for fear of the plentiful beatjackers out there today. If anybody has tips on starting out let me know. I have a couple no-name rappers I send beats to.

If interested in hearing my work send me a pm, thanks

Last edited:
I've been making beats/"producing" since I was a freshman in HS now im 20 and i definitely have perfected my sound to where I can sit down and make a hit like its nothing. Im not a clone of anyone I really think I'm making beats like nobody else. I know that I could be making trash that sounds godly to me, but trust me i'm good at this. Now theres gotta be a billion + musicians like myself just sitting on goldmines of talent. I have no idea where to start with selling/putting out music. My soundcloud isn't a great example because I tend not to upload my gems for fear of the plentiful beatjackers out there today. If anybody has tips on starting out let me know. I have a couple no-name rappers I send beats to.

You are not doing anything special. Many people here are already better than you. What else do you offer?

What else do I offer? Good music thats all what am I supposed to throw in a free car with every beat?

bro i feel you 100% rappers feel like they dont have to pay for beats then turn around a sell a mixtape. the game is oversaturated with talentless niggas whom use laptops to make shit that sound like everyone else. im interested to see if any has a actual answer cuz i have the same delima

bro i feel you 100% rappers feel like they dont have to pay for beats then turn around a sell a mixtape. the game is oversaturated with talentless niggas whom use laptops to make shit that sound like everyone else. im interested to see if any has a actual answer cuz i have the same delima

If everyone is talentless and sound the same then it should be easy for a talented individual to walk in and sweep the market right?

First of all, you have to figure out what is you want to do.

Are you limited to 1 genre of music? Are you strictly trying to work with artists? What's your goal

Next, you need to network with people in the industry you plan on working in.

You also need to learn how to market effectively or hire someone to do this for you (it's not cheap)

Learn to cater to market needs.

Build a store front (online), not a need, but surely makes it easier for the masses to hear your music.

Understand that you cant stop someone from jacking your music or ideas. It'll happen so prepare for it

Talent with no marketing = nothing
talent with no connections = nothing
talent with no market = nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
If everyone is talentless and sound the same then it should be easy for a talented individual to walk in and sweep the market right?

First of all, you have to figure out what is you want to do.

Are you limited to 1 genre of music? Are you strictly trying to work with artists? What's your goal

Next, you need to network with people in the industry you plan on working in.

You also need to learn how to market effectively or hire someone to do this for you (it's not cheap)

Learn to cater to market needs.

Build a store front (online), not a need, but surely makes it easier for the masses to hear your music.

Understand that you cant stop someone from jacking your music or ideas. It'll happen so prepare for it

Talent with no marketing = nothing
talent with no connections = nothing
talent with no market = nothing
Thats all well and nice, but I am just a humble talented beatmaker with hot ass tracks ready to get this $$$. Why do I need to go outside and "gasp" talk to real people when I can sit back on my pc and clock these $20 sales off my soundcloud? Who needs networking and marketing skills when I got these hot Mike Will/Lex Luger beats for the low low?

Last edited:
Thats all well and nice, but I am just a humble talented beatmaker with hot ass tracks ready to get this $$$. Why do I need to go outside and "gasp" talk to real people when I can sit back on my pc and clock these $20 sales off my soundcloud? Who needs networking and marketing skills when I got these hot Mike Will/Lex Luger beats for the low low?

I really hope you're kidding

You can never be 100% sure with this forum

I'm just giving you the mentality of the usually FL-Studio head reading what you wrote.
Too many people think talent is supposed to do the work for them....that's just laziness. Time and time again, its been proven that talent isn't the deciding factor in success. But, you can't tell these clowns on FP nothin'.

Back