Gotta love it when...

Gotta love it when an unexpected royalty checks comes in at the right time. My car's brakes were scrubbing from worn out pads and I was in between pay checks. The same day I get an email from Getty Images that they are sending me money for royalties. I got it the same day and it was the exact amount I needed to get my brakes fixed.

The very next day I discover that my check card was compromised and my bank account was wiped out by a scammer. The bank and the merchant where my card was used were being slow to help me get my money back. I was about to be broke as a joke for the next 3-5 business days while they sorted things out. As I sat at my computer trying to figure out my next move I get an email from Rumblefish saying they are sending a royalty check that same day. And it was a very nice royalty check.

I'm not sure what I did specifically to generate those payments but I know I need to start uploading more music ASAP. I believe this is all a result of the hard push I did last year to get more music in my catalog and in different music libraries. It seems like it takes a full year to see the results of uploading new music. This is definitely a game where patience is a virtue.

Back