Ears to Inspire - Motivational Production group

Chrizm

Hi,

I am new to this Forum and this will be my very first post. I have an idea to create a group that would be home for any producers looking to get back into music producing but lost inspiration somewhere down the road and are looking to get back into the swing of things. It would bring non-active producers into a community of like-minded people that understand their struggles, offering an opportunity for a second chance at creating their favorite pieces and really inspire them. As a result of their participation, they get to re-live the possibility of endless productivity in renewing their relationship to the musical voice that speaks to them.

This motivational group would consist of 10-20 members (or however many want to join up) in a round Robin style where each person hears their fellow group member's work in progress. The intention is to allow for quality feedback, honest advice, genuineness how the song makes others feel, what still needs to be cleaned up, and so on. This would continue until a set minimum number of songs have been created per each member in the group, which would be set anywhere from 3-5 songs. Additionally, the vision of my group has two individuals who are at the center of everything and can coach anyone in their group using their knowledge of music production and I have the idea that they would be live streamers on Mixer, Twitch, or another similar platform. These groups could meet remotely via Zoom or another app weekly or bi-weekly. A leader would hold the meeting to catch up on things where members are at with their songs, what they need to say in order to get back on track, and generally empower the group to let no member feel left out of the discussion. Once the meeting is adjourned, a 'host' of one of the coach's live streams would take place, taking them into the next phase that each meeting would have to open up the floor to whatever producers need to learn in order to really elevate their projects up to the level of excellence that they need to be truly satisfied with their songs. Since there is likely no such feature between cross platforms, this would be set up in advance so the streamer coach knows when to go live and when the empowerment meetings will be held beforehand.

I am aware this would take a bit of work and management so I am open to any and I mean any thoughts or ideas people have on this to make it work, or what you would suggest differently. The most important element to this (glue really) tying everything together is creating a place that allows each and every member to truly never feel left out. It tailors to them and their needs, I am speaking personally as someone who recently produced a few of my own songs only to quickly fall off with no support group to pull me back up. It would be as much an eye opener to myself as I'm sure it would be to anyone in the group were it to actually be a success.

Thank you for reading all the way to the end of this long post and I look forward to what people's thoughts are on this idea.

Back