Domain Names (a website to call my own)

cocamycola89

What is the best way to go about getting a domain name? Seems like there is allot of shady deals... one site says $4.99 a month... some say $1.99 a year... wtf?

stay safe, and go with godaddy.com .. you can get one for 11 bucks a year that will be yours, they offer great support and there are no probs if you want to transfer your domain name to another host. just my opinion

I wouldn't trust GoDaddy herd numerous story's of them taking control of domains when they start becoming valuable.

Good host Web Hosting by A Small Orange | Business, VPS, Shared, Dedicated Host

Just do some googleing, lots of good hosts.

i feel you, but EVERY hosting service will try to take control once its a valued domain name. They will do everything they can to keep you with them, thats normal though. But if you want to transfer godaddy will transfer. Some sites wont let you transfer at all, but they dont tell u that until its too late. Some sites wont let you forward your domain, or mask your domain.

I used to be with the 1+1 host but recently changed to United hosting and transfered all my domains across. I think choosing a good host comes first and 1+1 are a bit mainstream for me. My domains are $15ish/per year roughly.

I found choosing an actual name more difficult. I went through all the greek nymphs and folk fairies but nothing suited. A lot of people have xxxxxbeats as their domains. I'm a songwriter so I just went for a xxxxxsongs name. Quite a lot here.

Just host gives a FREE domain name when you use them for web hosting, and there's no contract. And, their cheaper than Go Daddy.

Türkiye lokasyonlu sunucular ile 11 yillik tecrubenin bulustugu nokta. Hosting fiyatlarimizi mutlaka inceleyiniz.

What is the best way to go about getting a domain name? Seems like there is allot of shady deals... one site says $4.99 a month... some say $1.99 a year... wtf?

SellingBeatsOnline.COM provides a free domain name and web hosting when you signup with their dedicated WordPress Beat Website solution. Its by far the best deal right now for selling beats on the Internet.

Beat Website

Is there anything to prepare for? Like should I take a crash course in web design or is it relativity easy to figure out? or is that another website?

all of you sound like alonte' go daddy commercial, lol. check the prices and Just Host beats Go Daddy every time. Realtalk, do your research.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Is there anything to prepare for? Like should I take a crash course in web design or is it relativity easy to figure out? or is that another website?

Just Host is a hosting company, just like Go Daddy. They just charge you less money. Once you have web hosting, you can install a Content Management System (CMS) like Joomla or WordPress. I prefer Joomla because it has a better foundation. These systems are extremely easy to use and the both have tons of online tutorials that show you how to use them. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge helps but the are not necessary when getting started. As long as you get a well built template., with maps, you'll do just fine without web design knowledge. After all, that's what the templates where built for.

I can give you 1 on 1 consulting throughout, if you're interested; no charge. Besides, you'll need the money to get everything up and going. I only charge if you want me to do the work for you. but I'm more than happy to show how to DIY. I'll coach you on how to get everything installed and point you to some of the best templates and affiliate programs online. After working with me, you will be well on your way to making money with your website.

It's up to you. Check out my website to see what I'm about and call or text me when you're ready. Tell your friends how much I've helped you out when we're done.

Its a deal! Too many things happening right now for me to spend time on my site but I will totally take you up on that! Thanks allot :-)

Back