DistroKid

Michael_Ignite

There's something that has been bugging me since I registered with DistroKid. So DistroKid offers me to distribute music to various stores. However, there is also an offer to release it on Google Play & YouTube music. The question is: if I have already released music on YouTube, would it be a problem if I check that option too? Would both of the videos released by me and DistroKid be on YouTube or?

There's something that has been bugging me since I registered with DistroKid. So DistroKid offers me to distribute music to various stores. However, there is also an offer to release it on Google Play & YouTube music. The question is: if I have already released music on YouTube, would it be a problem if I check that option too? Would both of the videos released by me and DistroKid be on YouTube or?

No it wont be a problem, just know that when you select the YouTube/Google Play option they make a "topic" channel for the artist. (eg: Michael_Ignite - Topic) Who makes it, i'm not sure. Could be YouTube, could be Distrokid ~ either way it will gain followers and could potentially detract from your own YT channel which is not good if you are trying to build up your own channel. (Most people don't wanna compete with themselves =/ )

I'm using Distrokid and I actually chose to remove all my music from the all stores and then reupload because of the "Topic" channel they created.

Unfortunately there is no option (at this time) to just remove the topic channel from YouTube.

Hope that helps.

Back