Beats used without permission -- NEED ADVICE!!!!!

JAMsBeats

What do I do if someone has stolen one of my beats? The person used my beat without permission, and after I asked them to either take the song down or pay me, they refused to. What do I do from here? This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I'm highly pissed! It was a kid off Youtube, with horrible recording quality, and he doesn't really seem like a serious artist, so should I really be mad? :(

Is this person getting $$ for the song or getting more than 500 views? If not then I wouldn't even bother even though it sounds like it is cringe-worthy to hear it.

File for copyright infringement on YouTube. Depending on how much money you lost and if its copyrighted you do have the right to sue as well.

No offense but I don't get some of you producers. Unless the person is making any sort of $$ from your productions, you shouldn't worry about it. That's just my opinion. If I were you, I would take that as a compliment. Someone loved your beat enough to "steal" it and put it out there! That's free promotion! Smile and tell the "non-serious" artist to give you credit for the beat.

I purposely put free downloads on my website so people can "steal" them, record to them, put them on youtube and send promotion rolling my way. I have a special youtube channel dedicated to those type of people. I have people coming to me saying they're my fan because they heard "insert random artist's name" on my beat! C'mon producers! Lighten up!

If they're making money off of your music, you should definitely take it seriously though.

Last edited:
Back