ASCAP Question

Sin_Beatz

Yo FP. Hope your all good !

I have a question about ASCAP.

I live in the UK .. can i still become a member?

If not .. is there another site like ASCAP for UK?

And is ASCAP really needed? Like .. what does it mainly protect u from?

I know it protects u from people making money of a song you produced without u getting any royalties .. But what if you dont give them the beat until they pay you? .. If someone could please clear this up for me that would be great.

But yeah the main question is .. can i still be a member of ASCAP Or BMI if i live in the UK? .. If not, what can i do?

Thanks !!!!

ASCAP and BMI are performance rights organizations - they license radio stations, tv channels, businesses, and other parties who use music. They then divide the license fees up among their songwriter members. In other words, they don't "protect" you from anything, they collect performance royalties on your behalf.

Nearly every country has its own performance rights organization. ASCAP and BMI are for US songwriters.

In the UK, it's PRS for music

Check out Music Business 101 - Publishing at the top of this forum for more info on performance rights organizations and performance royalties.

ASCAP and BMI are performance rights organizations - they license radio stations, tv channels, businesses, and other parties who use music. They then divide the license fees up among their songwriter members. In other words, they don't "protect" you from anything, they collect performance royalties on your behalf.

Nearly every country has its own performance rights organization. ASCAP and BMI are for US songwriters.

In the UK, it's PRS for music

Check out Music Business 101 - Publishing at the top of this forum for more info on performance rights organizations and performance royalties.

Ok thanks, so do i REALLY need a PRS Licence? As my beats dont get played on radio/tv etc..

What im most worried about, is i network with artist in america from the UK. And im worried, im gonna send a big artist a beat (im sending my beats out to big artists to create a buzz for myself overseas) and there gonna run off and make money and im not gonna get shit.. because who am i to them? A producer on the internet..

I gave one dude a beat .. he vocalled it and entered it into a compatition for $10,000 .. last time i checked he was in the semi-finals.

Thats when i realised i need to protect myself ASAP!

Back