(20years experience) What should I pursue to make $$ in music industry ?

Vhz

Hello all.

Brief history about me:

So, I've been involved in music and audio around 20 years now doing live sound, playing synths and keyboards, recording, mixing, mastering and producing instrumentals for songs. Mostly did instrumental production for friends' songs.

But despite all this experience I never did anything online like selling beats online or offering mixing services etc.

My questions:

What's worth doing nowadays in audio and music to earn money ?

Is it better to make beats, loops or sample packs, and lease or sell them online ?

Which websites are the top where rappers or singers would go to buy beats ?

Or better to advertise mixing and mastering services ?
(I'm 100% in the box, no outboard gear besides preamps).

Or which music or audio "service" is the best to pursue online ?

You could try advertising on Fiverr... and replying to job requests. I've opened a few Job request on there.

Including
Remix of my track
Alternate Melody ideas
Existing tune transcribed to MIDI
Melody to match a vocal

You could try advertising on Fiverr... and replying to job requests. I've opened a few Job request on there.

Including
Remix of my track
Alternate Melody ideas
Existing tune transcribed to MIDI
Melody to match a vocal

I actually joined Fiverr about a month ago listed my mixing, mastering and backing track instrumental (beats) production services.. so far 0 requests, only random spammers send messages once in a while

What do you mean ?

I mean...

and replying to job requests.

People post up requests for JOBs and people reply to them. The list in my original post were all job requests I added to fiverr. I got spammed by about 10 producers on average for each that believed they could complete the request. Many couldn't even sync up a loop or hear a note out of key. I was offering the minimum but if they could achieve the goal, they'd of got tipped. It wasn't long before I realise the people providing the services weren't actually reading my request and just spamming all request that popped up in similar categories, that's what i'm suggesting you're supposed to do. They'd look into it more after my response. Usually loads of BS on how they can provide exactly what I need, when they can't! If you have the experience you should wipe the floor with them.

Last edited:
Your priority should be to get released on a famous label that's in the top 100's. Getting signed with a label will bring a large fanbase as well as good income, if your sound is good enough. I can certainly help you with getting singed to a record label, if you're interested. Do you have a soundcloud where i can take a listen to your tracks, and see if they are good enough for monetization of any kind even if not from record labels?

Back