Internet Radio - want your song played?

Storm

Hey guys,

I haven't done this in a couple of years but my company is producing LIVE Internet Radio broadcasts of ice hockey in Canada, so as I've done before, I'm requesting some music from fellow FP users for inclusion in our broadcasts. I have also done the same for fellow Cakewalk users and Reason users and have had some great stuff over the years.

here's the offer:
If you have some quality music you'd like played for very minor exposure, please send an email to broadcast AT storm HYPHEN studios DAWT com as I need 1-2 hours of music leading into the broadcast, 2-3 songs at intermissions, and 20 minutes of music after each game.

I cannot take any songs with vulgar language due to the audience being a wide range of listeners. I also decided previously I would not take any instrumentals because I had more than enough good songs with lyrics.

If I've used your stuff before, please let me know if you no longer want me playing it. If you have anything new, send it onward.

We get a lot of listeners from all over North America for our hockey games and I've always tried to use music from friends or people I know. I produce the show and end up doing play by play a lot as well. I'm a former semi-pro and university hockey player so through contacts I've been able to run a small station for championship tournaments and play-off games. It's a pretty cool way to stay in hockey and also to work with some of my music internet friends too.

cheers,
storm

Do you got any IM or soemthing ? I would like to hear more about this.

Yes, you can IM me through FP, but really there's no secrets so the forum is here for that reason.

In the one day I've posted this in Cakewalk, Reason, Indaba, and FP I've received lots of songs. There's nothing special to it. I broadcast hockey games during special events and I'll play your song before the broadcasts if you want.

I also have to add. I can't take instrumentals. I got a lot of negative feedback on them.

Checking your sig now mega

Thanks everyone who submitted. I got some really good tunes and some...well...unplayable ones. I even accidentally slipped one profanity-laced hip hop tune on there by mistake. It lasted about 3 seconds but I lost quite a few listeners. They come back though.

Anyway, it was much appreciated for the submissions and I hope some of you were able to listen in.

cheers

Both.

I have to avoid instrumentals and vulgar language.

Instrumentals just aren't received well.

And I accidentally played an "all you mutha****as gonna **** on the ****ing hos" for about 3 seconds and lost a lot of viewers right there. They came back but it was my mistake.

It's such a wide-ranging audience that I have to keep it general and clean.

Last edited:
Back