I want to play your music.

Storm

Hey guys/gals. I want to let all my fellow FPs know that I am now in charge of an Internet Radio station broadcasting sports here in Canada. The Allan Cup is a competition as old as the Stanley Cup and since the NHL is locked out, many Canadians are tuning in to the Allan Cup competition which has been around since 1905. Many ex-NHLers and minor Pro players come home to Canada to play in this league. Theoren Fleury has just signed with a team here as an example.

During intermissions of each hockey game, I would like to put YOUR music on to help you all get exposure if you want it. This is just something I am doing, so if you are interested, send me a PM here. I am not paying royalties as I don't know how much music would be on the broadcast, but I will mention the songs played on the air AND will post web links from the broadcast site to your site to advertsie you.

If you're not interested, no worries. I just thought I'd put it out there for you. I am not making music as much anymore as my design is too busy. But I thought I'd like to give some of my FPs a chance to be heard. PM if you you are interested. I can't guarantee I'll use everyone's music though, but I'm hoping for some good broadcast quality music.

Thanks everyone.

The audience is diverse so anything goes with the exception of anything vulgar of course. The broadcast is national and Canada is a very big country. Rock, Alternative, Dance, Hip Hop, Country are all valid. I offered my friends at Cakewalk's forum the same and I am overwhelmed by those artists wanting exposure. I already have lots of willing artists in only a few days, so no worries if you don't want to. But I listened to some of the offerings from the Cakewalk users and there's some great stuff. I was hoping my friends here at FP would have some equally great stuff as well.

Hey guys/gals,

You can send files to signup@storm-studios.com and I'll review them. I will definitely respond whether I use it or not. I'll let you know the status of whatever you send me.

Make sure you include all your ID3 tags though because I will enable title streaming so that user listening in their MP3 player will get the title/your name of the song continuously.

We're already scheduled for 5-10 broadcasts and I'll be using the music during the lead-in to the live show as well as maybe one or two during each intermission, so I think there should be lots of opportunity to be heard.

I decided not to take do instrumentals as I have lots of full songs already in.

But I have a different email address instead of the above (MODS can you delete the email address above please?)

New one is: broadcast@storm-studios.com

Sarge, can you email that MP3 with ID3 tags? I am trying to avoid signing up on everybody's different music sites.

Last edited:
Back