Good at mastering? Want to collaberate?

T

the chief

Hello

I'm participating in a producer-contest this month. For the contest, I must produce a drum and bass track with a certain set of samples and rules.

Well, I've written a track that I call "Hide You Away" using Kosheen's sample, and all is well. I've mixed down the track, still doing good. However, when it comes to Mastering, I must be blind (deaf?). I've read plenty of mastering tutorials on the web, and have tried it many times myself. Here is an example of my mastering.

To me the mix sounds good on my PC when I play it back, but I was humuliated to play it in my friend's car. The bass was so weak. When I'm in Soundforge (my mastering tool) and try to add anymore bass, it screws up the whole mix.

So I'm asking you (somebody with good mastering skills) to show me, by example, of how this track will sound when mastered correctly. Any tips would be appreciated. The original pre-mastered version can be found Here

Oh, if I win the contest, I'll split the winnings with ya :) (which would consist of 5 dnb records). The deadline is the end of this month!

Ok, sorry about that. I wasn't sure what forum would be the best to post it in.

Well, it appears as if the site hosting my tracks is down......again. Section z is pissing me off.

I'll update this thread when the site goes back up.

I do professional track mastering and I'd master your track for $10. You can also keep the winnings for yourself. Just get at me through the website... There's also more mastering info on that site as well...

That sounds like a fantastic deal, OG dOGg. Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card right now, and I wont be getting one by the time the deadline for the contest is up.

Back