Free audio mixing, mastering.

Why in the world would you mix and master for free? For the experience? Serious question here....

thats right man for experience and get my name out to the world-its like a promotion thing.

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

look at my website audiostudio4.com

thats right man for experience and get my name out to the world-its like a promotion thing.

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

look at my website audiostudio4.com

Firstly, don't work for free....EVER. You're doing nothing but devaluing your skills (if they even have any value to begin with).
Secondly, if you're looking to promote yourself here on the forums, offer discounts to forum members. You can promote yourself while also allowing your clients to feel like they are getting a "great deal"...even though you'd do it for free anyway.
And third, having an ugly and poorly designed website will not help you to look like a "professional". To be honest man, using any free wordpress template will look much better than what you've got going there....

Firstly, don't work for free....EVER. You're doing nothing but devaluing your skills (if they even have any value to begin with).
Secondly, if you're looking to promote yourself here on the forums, offer discounts to forum members. You can promote yourself while also allowing your clients to feel like they are getting a "great deal"...even though you'd do it for free anyway.

Thats gold right there.
And not just devaluing his skills, but the marketplace in general.
And audiostudio4 You have a portfolio of work already, no need to keep giving it away yeah?!
The mixes are pretty good btw..

Thats gold right there.
And not just devaluing his skills, but the marketplace in general.
And audiostudio4 You have a portfolio of work already, no need to keep giving it away yeah?!
The mixes are pretty good btw..

exactly! the mixes are actually quite good. I certainly wouldn't be complaining if I received stuff like that to master *wink wink*
so its surprising that you're giving you're services away for free when it seems like you actually already have the experience needed to put out good mixes...
since you're here promoting yourself online, I'm assuming you'd like to get more clients via the internet. I would suggest spending some time learning about SEO; things like link building with blogs, social bookmarking, forums, etc. Using wordpress for your site is great for this since it will by default be very search engine friendly.

and on a side note; in my experience, offering mixing AND mastering doesn't look as good as offering just one or the other. I'm sure you know mastering is a specialized field that requires better (full range) monitoring and better room treatment. The mastering engineer needs to provide something more than what the mix engineer already has or else whats the point? right?

Back