Female Songwriter/singer do i have what it takes for majors

LisaKingz713

well i am a female songwriter/singer do i have what it takes i can pretty much write to any beat i listen to being dance to r&b to country pretty much can write song a day a publishing company contacted me stating they love my voice my music and my passion and consistency well if yall can direct me to where i can post my soundcloud so i can get feedback from producers maybe yall would be interested in working with me thanks alot board
sincerely
Lisa kingz

Hey what's going on just checked out your soundcloud, you got some really nice tracks, especially for recording on garageband. What kinda mic do you use? and the only thing i would really work on is the mixing for your tracks, like refuse to fail i think its a really good track production and lyrics but the mix on the vocals doesn't really do it justice. but that should go up when you upgrade your studio or start going to other people's studio for it. Lol but ya anyway you have a very nice voice and what it seems to take to make it somewhere just got to keep at it.

And check out the page sometime if you ever want to do anything to any of the beats feel free should all be free downloads.
https://soundcloud.com/beenjammin-l-m-o-s

Benjammin said exactly what I was thinking, the main thing lacking here is the mixing quality. The vocals are on par tho

Like Been & X already said, you have what it takes. If you lack anything it is a great mix. There are people on this site that will mix for you. To elaborate, the beat is too low and you (the most important part of the song) are almost inaudible.

Impressed!

I checked out a few of your songs and genuinely love your voice. Not to beat a dead horse (as it has already been said several times now), but you would greatly benefit from professional mixing if ever you have the opportunity. That is the kind of subtlety that, if aiming for majors, will launch you ahead of any competition, even if they are of comparable talent.

That being said; I think you would greatly benefit from professional vocal lessons! In each of your songs, you had moments in which you strayed a tad flat; something that (with your talent) could easily be resolved.

Keep it up!

I had a quick listen, I agree that you have some great material and a good voice - I think you could work on your delivery - it just needs to be a little more confident in my opinion. You have great potential though. If ever you do decide to get any professional mixing done I'd love to work with you - you can find out more about my studio and services on the website link in my sig. All the best!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great responses!! And thank you too :) Yes i do all my music from my imac at home with garageband so I am not very good as far as mixing. And yes, i could use some voice coaching, I used to be in choir but its been a while lol. Glad everyone likes my music, that always makes me feel good! I would definitely look into any beats, or if anyone wants to collab with me or help me out. And thanks again, you have really gave me some confidence that maybe I was lacking. This is a tricky business and I keep hearing so many things so I just didnt want to waste my time and money if I wasnt even gonna have a shot. And if you have a soundcloud I will def follow, I am very diverse when it comes to music ;0)

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Oh and BeenJammin my mic is a samson Gtrack

check my soundcloud for my remix style, and then my website for sounds not yet used.... if you find a sound / track you like -> there are a lot of styles, then write a few lines / or records something and send it to me ( contect through the contact form or here, will reply my mail adress)

I will compose/mix and master it, if the lyrics are good

Back