Creating a record label ???

T

TheRealRJ

Hey, i was thinking about opening up a indie record label, i know this is a long hard thing and takes time but i LOVE a challenge. Anybody want to get involved ? all help would be appreciated, also when it is up we would like producers and artists to join us. Post if your interesting in any role of this, thanks

The thing about this, is marketing your company/artist. Without getting yourstuff out there, then no one is going be able to hear you. The best thing (in my opinion) is to build a fan base of your music. Say if you produce, find artist to collab with and just make HITZ! once you grow, then it'll allow room for other stuff. Be smart, a record label can cost a good bit of money.

what kind of plan do you have laid out? like any business you're going to want to draw up a thorough plan. Especially if you plan on trying to get a loan or investors, no one will invest in a business with no plan...Hope it works out for you, good luck.

i'm down to be an artist!! check out some of my music! i also do some production and beats so i could help with that. my page is in my signature

This is an extremely difficult journey you're about to go on but I wish you luck! I have similar plans and I've actually drafted a 15 page business plan - I highly recommend it! It forces you to think about almost everything and it is all laid out for you.

do you really need a whole label?

hi, do you really need a label? i mean: if you just look for a way to get on amazon music, itunes, etc and for getting money if your songs are played on air - you need the label code for that. then look for the pay-labels: you pay, they get you there. there are even labels that do it for percentual royalties without fees: you submit for free, they check the quality, they get you in major webstores - if you sell -they get few percent. but be carefull if you keep the rights, can take it to another label without fees in case you get famous. google for routenote, its an uk label that does it cheap or for free if they get percents.. it sounds good, but havent tried myself! keep in mind that you have to be careful with internet incomes and taxes - and if you run an own label: paperwork, freelancer status, taxes etc... depending on your age and work situation it might be either difficult or easy - be sure to check the tax, status and paperwork before you start, to stay out of trouble.

I had that idea in mind, and my styles are exactly the same as yours. I'm a rapper (I rap in arabic) and producer, so if you're serious about it and want to take the risk and get into music business you can hit me up anytime, just PM me.

Back