Anyone know how to send a beat to Drake?

if getting a beat to drake was as easy as asking and getting his email on FP, we would all be doing it. Start local, make a fan base and you will be heard.

I could swear if Drake heard this beat he wouldn't consider it. I think you're overestimating yourself. Not that i hate the beat but it just doesn't all come together like the melodies don't fit with each other.

I mean guys remember the "No lie" beat then compare it to this, I don't think you hold a candle.

Don't take it as offense tough.

---------- Post added 03-30-2013 at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-29-2013 at 07:13 PM ----------

"the type of hype that DRAKE needs"

let's put it like this ; if you get any bigger underground act to use this on his MIXTAPE not album I will delete my account.

Not saying you can't get there generaly, I'm a yes sayer in life

Last edited by a moderator:
I could swear if Drake heard this beat he wouldn't consider it. I think you're overestimating yourself. Not that i hate the beat but it just doesn't all come together like the melodies don't fit with each other.

I mean guys remember the "No lie" beat then compare it to this, I don't think you hold a candle.

---------- Post added 03-30-2013 at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-29-2013 at 07:13 PM ----------

let's put it like this ; if you get any bigger underground act to use this on his MIXTAPE not album I will delete my account.

I am impressed.

I agree it takes a lot more than to think your own beat is dope

I agree with your comment. It takes a lot more than to come up with a beat and self cheer yourself on. The judges of any potential tracks is the record labels themselves. I was an underground producer in 1995 produced a lot of tracks and sent them to numerous labels. Back then the internet wasnt even as strong or around as much to promote music. Death Row Records took interest in our beat I made in 1996. Unfortunately for me and the track it went down with the label themselves. Its not as easy as one thinks. The industry can make any producer dream and hope that their track will hit it big but lets be real for a moment these few major labels that are around today are buying out the smaller ones and merging making it that much difficult for producers today to get a beat used by a major platinum artist. Keep grinding and use the internet to its fullest and work hard and maybe your lottery ticket will come up.

Last edited:
The beat str8 to me...I would spit on it.
Drake got 40 though.

I agree he is sticking with 40 many underground producers that supposedly help Drake with his first mixtape that got noticed by Lil Wayne are crying out for payment. The issue with this is Drake is smart he sticks with one producer but the downfall about this is his music will all start to sound the same in a sense. 40 has music but his production is not consistent and he is over rated only the fact that Drake supports him. Im sure Drake has a ghost producer on the side. Each industry artist has ghost producers.

I agree he is sticking with 40 many underground producers that supposedly help Drake with his first mixtape that got noticed by Lil Wayne are crying out for payment. The issue with this is Drake is smart he sticks with one producer but the downfall about this is his music will all start to sound the same in a sense. 40 has music but his production is not consistent and he is over rated only the fact that Drake supports him. Im sure Drake has a ghost producer on the side. Each industry artist has ghost producers.

Yep, Yep...I totally agree.
It you give Drake's 1st mixtape a listen...Both the vibe & sound is different.
Once he met 40 & they began to collab his sound morphed into what we hear today.
One thing I've notice about 40 & his sampled beats...He's always gonna go for any popular 90's R&B artist
Ex. Aaliyah, Jodeci, Ginuwine, etc.

Yep, Yep...I totally agree.
It you give Drake's 1st mixtape a listen...Both the vibe & sound is different.
Once he met 40 & they began to collab his sound morphed into what we hear today.
One thing I've notice about 40 & his sampled beats...He's always gonna go for any popular 90's R&B artist
Ex. Aaliyah, Jodeci, Ginuwine, etc.

I agree its sad though how music has turned into what it is today. Lets be real for a minute real production is a lost talent. It seems many local boys play on their computers and compose a beat and think they made a hit. In todays beats there are too many cluttered samples that dont make sense. There is only a hand full of real producers left that are sitting in their homes that pretty much gave up. The industry is really messed. I heard that Wonda Gurl from Brampton Ontario had one of her beats used by Jay Z. Shes good no doubt but again the beats are cluttered and just mish mashed together because thats what the industry has used in the past 2 or so years. Which makes even young kids easy to produce mish mash.

It's really a mess, so many great producers I grew up listening to on soundclick are nowhere to be found. I don't listen to anything new, the raps are good but the beats they're on are absolute mediocracy. These "producers" who pick up a laptop, dump a bunch of downloaded sounds into a playlist with over compressed drum kits are a shame to real beat makers like Johnny Juliano, vybe, and Sinima Beats. The worst is when I see someone's youtube video with a title like "Bobby Brown sampled beat" and it's just a sample looped over and over, way off beat, hardly even mixed with any added instruments, and 4-5 drum sounds that make these quality drum kits sound like an upgrade generic Casio drum set. Too many production secrets leaked. These kids are so fake, and act like they invented their sound. I give respect to everyone in the industry, but I'm just calling it how I see it.

No point in looking to produce for major mainstream artists. Just stick to local & internet artists like you see on soundcloud & youtube. It'd be easier working with an artist nobody knows about & be apart of the development of that artist sound...as long as they are serious about making music that is. Once you got an artist you backing, support the music you both make together & the opportunities will follow as more artists, producers, etc. will come to you. Get big enough, you might really have a chance to work with mainstream artists...just as long as your artist(s) are becoming just as big & successful as you.

That's a challenge for all you producers, including myself.

Also check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/slimboymillion

Finding serious artists is tiresome, so much to manage. It seems like we have no other choice at the moment but to deal with this local "musical chairs" of a network. Just hang in there, make tons of beats and bug people to help you out with features, It's what I'm currently doing myself. When someone doesn't reply or takes too long to work on a simple task/project, I don't shut the door on them, I simply reschedule my plans with their slower paced workflow.

BTW I live in a somewhat cold/dead network, It's tough enough to get a good following let alone get noticed by a major artist. I do however know of a couple producers in my area who have gone to live in Los Angeles. One works for Atlantic Records with an upcoming artist who's been on BET award shows, the other works for Warner Bros and has been booked for sessions with major artists. I wont say any names but they are really big rappers who I can say without a doubt that you've listened to their music. With that said, the opportunities are definitely there, you just need to stay busy and persist through the negativity that surrounds your passion/goals.

It's really a mess, so many great producers I grew up listening to on soundclick are nowhere to be found. I don't listen to anything new, the raps are good but the beats they're on are absolute mediocracy. These "producers" who pick up a laptop, dump a bunch of downloaded sounds into a playlist with over compressed drum kits are a shame to real beat makers like Johnny Juliano, vybe, and Sinima Beats. The worst is when I see someone's youtube video with a title like "Bobby Brown sampled beat" and it's just a sample looped over and over, way off beat, hardly even mixed with any added instruments, and 4-5 drum sounds that make these quality drum kits sound like an upgrade generic Casio drum set. Too many production secrets leaked. These kids are so fake, and act like they invented their sound. I give respect to everyone in the industry, but I'm just calling it how I see it.

I agree with what you said. In 1996 I produced 12 beats. Full tracks with a good sound engineer to mixdown the tracks. Back then I mailed my beats to come majors. One label was interested. Death Row Records. Main reason they chose my beat was because I made all my tracks sound like its radio and club speaker quality. Production was good as well of course. But I had to spend hundreds to hire the sound engineer to sound better than other producers. Back then when we produced tracks they were of song quality. Meaning an artists voice can be recorded over the beats. That alone helped me get label interest. Main stream artists don't like beats all mashed together without a sequential sound. Today like you mentioned young kids without skills make a beat and think they can get signed. If they only knew how hard it is with or without the internet. I was amazed when I read this guys post how he composed a beat and then thinks Drake will rap over it. These young inexperienced beat makers can't be blamed for having such a long shot dream. They listen to the shit out there and musically feel they can do a better beat. A beat is not a mixture of hi hats and 808's. That's all it is today. So anyone can feel they can make beats. The real beat makers have a natural skill and talent. Musically inclined. Not just thinking someone like Rick Ross will go on a beat because it sounds "Ross" style. I blame the labels they have low budgets due to the internet making labels lose millions. So they chose beats that are low level low production. They pay underground producers $2000-$3000 for a beat. Whereas in the 90's labels paid $15,000+ for a beat. Because people actually bought albums. Another words you get what you pay for which is why music is all hi hats and 808's and a wabbly synth. That's it.

I feel sorry for music. I came on this website to see what's happening and its sad to see some of the titles producers thinking their beat will make them rich. Music is not about that pipe dream yet it comes from the soul. That's real production.

There are a lot of great points in this thread.
My problem is: I'm am a serious artist but I have trouble finding serious engineers/ producers...SMH
They'll work thru 2-3 songs then after that its all down hill.

Back