African Reggae artist seeking producers

DrEnigma

yo, i'm a DJ looking to hook up with some reggae/dancehall producers for a few tracks and try to get a CD out. I'm not Jamaican, I'm African...from Nigeria to be precise. we have a different English creole but there r alotta similarities. I grew up listening to both Jamaican and African reggae.
check out my soundclick page, it only has a few tracks there. I used the Hummer Riddim, Itch Riddim, Mission Impossible Riddim(slowed down) , Clone Riddim and a Escalade Riddim:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/drenigmamusic.htm

tell me what y'all think. some of the tracks need better quality but it's just 'cause of the equipment i'm working with.

I couldn't hear most of what you were saying. Get a better mic and recorder. If you want to make it in Jamaica, you're going to have to work on the accent some more. If you sound too different, you won't be received well here. That's not to say that you won't do well in Africa, but only two foreign sounding artists that I can think of now have really done anything remotely successful in Jamaica, namely, Snow and Dominic. Lucky Dube gets played but he won't draw a crowd.

Back