Virus Warning thread (Update: ISSUE FIXED!)

sleepy

Please post in this thread if updating javascript solved your virus warning issue.

Any names of flagged files or other information will also help.

edit: please only reply if you had issues which updating resolved, or can provide info on flagged files etc.

I haven't gotten any pop ups at all or anything. I've been on this site on my blackberry, my laptop (Ibook), and my desktop..

I usually use a hot key to get to this website. And just now I was using google and a link to future producers. So click on that and in HUGE RED letters is says. "Warning, This website may harm your computer." So I think mano just wants it to die. So every body leave. Now!;)

Here.

Last edited:
Yeah we shouldn't have to upgrade anything to keep from getting a virus alert all the time.
If it's not fixed (this is an FP issue, not a we need to update issue) traffic to this site will be badly hurt.
The thumbnail posted by B-Onix is a good example of how potential new members scanning google will never come here when they see that.
Even if this is a false alarm, it's sending a bad message that this site is poorly managed.

AVG snags this thing every time I come here.

And Sleepy I don't blame you. You seem to be trying to do something about it, but Mano is the man who this responsibility belongs too.
Am I right?

Last edited:
I'd try the update anyways to see if it works. At the very least it'll help others to find out how to get rid of the error. If people are vulnerable on FP they are likely vulnerable on other sites also. I did a full scan last night and AVG came back clean so my guess is Javascript since one of the file names posted was a Java application file.

I'm not here trying to help for FP or for mano. I don't have control over this thing so whatever I'm finding out is for you guys. If someone tells me that a Java update didn't work, then I'll see what else I can find out. I do need information on which files are being caught and by which virus scanner also. This is not for me or for mano or fp as a site, this is for you guys so that your information can be kept secure. No one likes being scammed and have their information being used for questionable things.

Umm.... I don't know about that sleepy. Java and Javascript are 2 completely different things, and even tho they both have Java in the name they are completely unrelated. But something weird in the Javascript code does make sense.

This website (as far as I know) does not use Java - Java is a platform for web applications and stuff like that, like games or webchat or something like that. Almost all modern websites use Javascript tho.

All, please have a look at my post in the "Site Troubles" post in this fourm. hopefully this related info can help the admins find and remove the problem. i'm outta here PZ
jeff h

sleepy said:
I'd try the update anyways to see if it works. At the very least it'll help others to find out how to get rid of the error. If people are vulnerable on FP they are likely vulnerable on other sites also. I did a full scan last night and AVG came back clean so my guess is Javascript since one of the file names posted was a Java application file.

I'm not here trying to help for FP or for mano. I don't have control over this thing so whatever I'm finding out is for you guys. If someone tells me that a Java update didn't work, then I'll see what else I can find out. I do need information on which files are being caught and by which virus scanner also. This is not for me or for mano or fp as a site, this is for you guys so that your information can be kept secure. No one likes being scammed and have their information being used for questionable things.

I didn't notice anything on the site itself. But when i went to google and typed in FutureProducers it said that it will harm your computer if going to this site.

i have a potential virus warning from anvira antivir. it says that it found a malicious html exploit. (the antivir is free, simply try it)

this has absolutely nothing to do with java. (as FP doesn't use java applets - how does anyway? ;) )

i think it is:

a) injected code from an ad server.
b) code injected through a bulletin board security issue
c) or your server has been silently hi-jacked and bulletin board has been manipulated.

somebody said that Mano was living on Cuba from ad money...
je je...
I[m wondering if he wasn't lying....

Last edited:
Yeah this is a problem - FP doesn't use Java, and yet the second I opened it today the Java applet icon popped up in the system tray. Well I'm done with FP for now peeps.

Am I wrong in thinking that the site uses Javascript?

<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_global.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js"></script> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Future Producers RSS Feed" href="external.php?type=RSS" /> <title>Virus discussion thread - Future Producers</title> </head> <body onload=""> <div id="root" align="center"> <div id="container"> <div> <script type="text/javascript" src="/swfobject.js"></script> <div id="flashcontent"><div class="warning">You need Flash player version 8 to see this site. <a href="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" target="_blank">Click here to install it.</a></div> <script type="text/javascript">

That's what I gather from looking at the page source. Seems like vBulletin itself might use it unless it's part of an addon.

moses said:
i have a potential virus warning from anvira antivir. it says that it found a malicious html exploit. (the antivir is free, simply try it)

yea i got the same thing. dont know wtf is going on but im through with FP on my home pc for now.

lol I hadn't posted on here for awhile. I come back and get infected with Trojans. Nobody knows what's going on. Mano nowhere to be found. I thought FP may have improved since I was here last. Think I'll refrain from FP for awhile again. :cheers:

Last edited:
I havent been able to get on fp since sunday...the scripts wouldnt load or sumthin...i did a search on google and "harm your computer" message was gone...n it let me get on today

I got infected too. I received a warning on my job yesterday from IT.
I have 4 years visiting this site. Hard decision, but I'm forced to abandon this site due to this f*cking malware, I don't want to get a suspension from my manager.

WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT.

Um, are you "infected" people actually getting some malware problems or simply some warnings of potential harm?

Back