Virus Warning thread (Update: ISSUE FIXED!)

flchemist said:
The Google warning comes on sites and links to futureproducers...but not on the home page. But the site has been flagged by Google as unsafe...mano needs to fix it. There's really no excuse for this... Mano might be gone or something during the holiday season...but this is a serious problem. he should be well equipped to fix this problem or should know what steps to do to prevent this from happening again. Especially being a programmer. But people are going to stop coming on the site if they're scared their PC will end up with HIV.

I couldn't say it better.

I won't login to this site from my workplace. So I'll have to reduce my posting here a lot, 'cause I visit public internet coffee shops only from time to time.

b onix said:
Did anyone enter that win a custom mpc 4000 contest? The contest said it was for guitar center but only linked from here to the sign up page. I never saw anything at guitar center. Was that real or did mano sell that info?

mmhh??? we didn't get paid for that...
Guitar Center's Public Relations / Marketing firm contacted us about this cool contest with customized Forat MPC 4000 ... I thought it was cool... so I linked to it.

BTW guys... there is no virus on FP... Most likely the warning IS DUE TO AN AD or something like that... which I don't control much about, believe it or not (Google Ads does all that).

MAN! why is everyone so quick to blame, instead of being cool and trying to help me find the problems??? :hello:

Pfftt... OK so I followed the "search for an FP thread" instructions above, and I see the warning page

http://www.google.com/interstitial?url=https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D167452

IMHO this looks like AN AD that google is making money on ;) ... look at the company name/link at the top ... and their request for the owner (me) to "use" their webmasters tools. Pfft.. They are just trying to get folks who own sites to USE THEIR STUFF. Yep. Want a conspiracy theory? I can find one too.

==== UPDATE ====

For *some* reason the site has been "flagged" by this company and google. This is probably a mistake. FP has been online for YEARS guys (almost EIGHT!) and we don't do stuff like that.

I went to their site and requested a "review" to remove the warning.

Cross fingers for them to do this quickly.

THANKS for reporting this.

Last edited:
OK GUYS ANOTHER UPDATE--------------------

------------------

I just got confirmation that this was due to a REDHAT / LINUX vulnerability. We had NO way to know about it until REDHAT documented the issue.

They did,
then our IT folks FIXED THE PROBLEM

FP is CLEAN again and than you all for posting info here.

Unfortunately this is just "computers" and out of my control, personally.. I just report issues to the server guys, same as you report them to me here.

Thanks you for your support!

-mano

:cheers:
:hello:

One more thing!

I have CONFIRMATION FROM GOOGLE that FP does *NOT* contain any virus (since the server folks fixed the problems) and that the warning is NOT there any more!

Back