TapaTalk for FP Forum for better mobile use?

PRPS

aka Joey Jeff Productions
Am i the only person on this board who hates being on fp while on their mobile phone? Zooming in and out of the screen...attempting to resize it to actually read the content....ect. I think i have a really good solution for this.

I think this would help the forum out a lot if they used this forum app for mobile phones. I have been on other forums where they're now using this app and is has proved extremely successful.

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free). Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin

http://www.tapatalk.com/

by the way, i wasn't sure where this thread should go b/c the "about" forum is a f*cking struggle with 0 replies down the screen.

Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

glad to see this got put in this forum...now it's guaranteed to get 0 replies

:cheers:

:hello:

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

a total of 12 replies on the whole first page of this forum....lmfaoooo

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

going for a "views" record with no replies

---------- Post added 12-19-2010 at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-18-2010 at 08:15 PM ----------

mods had time to move the thread...yet not to even post a response on a suggestion to help the site....smh...

Last edited:
This should definitely be something that the mods should look into for improving the forum. As much as I view this forum via mobile, as I'm sure we're not the only two, would definitely make it much more simple to track and browse.

This should definitely be something that the mods should look into for improving the forum. As much as I view this forum via mobile, as I'm sure we're not the only two, would definitely make it much more simple to track and browse.

thanks for the response. I agree with you 100%.

FYI - there may be no posts by mods in this forum about what you've said - but its already being discussed by us in another forum.

Last edited:
The mods have discussed this several times. The decision is not really ours but that of the admin who have shut us down several times. Maybe if u can gather a bigger interest in FP mobile they will see how useful the idea was. I miss FP mobile

FP mobile....we had brought it back last year I believe for a few days before so many people complained that now they have no choice and it automatically defaulted to the mobile version. So we canceled it.

On smart phones, iphones, there is no real need for a special mobile site. So I am not sure what phone you are on...

Either way, we are looking to upgrade this whole site, so it's useless to launch a mobile version that will be incompatible with the new site version. But I hear ya!

thanks for the insight everyone...

just throwing out a suggestion to help improve the community...

---------- Post added 01-21-2011 at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-22-2010 at 05:30 PM ----------

bump, bump

---------- Post added 04-04-2011 at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-21-2011 at 03:08 PM ----------

bump bump bump

---------- Post added 04-17-2011 at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-04-2011 at 11:45 AM ----------

rise to the top

---------- Post added 05-02-2011 at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-17-2011 at 08:32 PM ----------

any update on this....?

Yeah tapatalk would be so dope for this forum. Its so easy to read and keep track of all the posts using tapatalk. You guys should really look into this.

Why do I get this weird feeling that you really want this feature? jp

I have never used it. Just about everything works fine on the web version on smart phone and tablets, for me. I know there are forums that have their own app and it looks okay. I'd still rather use the browser version though.

Why do I get this weird feeling that you really want this feature? jp

I have never used it. Just about everything works fine on the web version on smart phone and tablets, for me. I know there are forums that have their own app and it looks okay. I'd still rather use the browser version though.

A couple hip hop forums use tapatalk and it makes it a lot easier to navigate. You don't have to worry about resizing the screen every two seconds. Gearslutz has its own app for the iPhone but their layout mimics the layout of tapatalk. Overal it's just more user friendly. I'm currently typing this via my iPhone 4 and it's nothing but a headache.

Last edited:
Just throwing my name in as another who'd love it if this forum was available with tapatalk. It makes cruising forums a dream, having to navigate with the phone's browser just feels clunky after using it. For the record I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Just throwing my name in as another who'd love it if this forum was available with tapatalk. It makes cruising forums a dream, having to navigate with the phone's browser just feels clunky after using it. For the record I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Exactly!!

I'd like it to use TapaTalk as well. However I could deal with it. The only thing that that I wish would change is the navigation bar and the advertisment towards the top right.

Heres what im seeing
iytSTNy.jpg

This is how it would look without that advertisment, but again the navigation bars are still a problem if you don't want to keep constanly zooming and scrolling left and right because they get cut off.

FglXhAg.jpg

Last edited:
Back