site setup

S

snow

Wow, I gotta say this site is great. Since comming across it a few days ago I've done nothing but read, read and read. So much handy info in these forums.

My question is for mano I guess. I used to run a fairly busy site but got booted from my host just because I had around 50 people in the forums at any given time. I couldn't go dedicated because it was way to expensive. Just wondering what you do here? is your hosting company really understanding or is futureproducers dedicated?

Cheers, keep up the good work!

snow.

I had no problem being on a shared account, but recently the bandwidth got too huge (GB transfer per month), as you may know it is the MAIN issue about hosting a big site... so the site got its own dedicated linux REDHAT apache server.

Now it's super smooth

I love linux.... rehat is great but i'm a big mandrake fan. mostly because i like its GUI, a very nice x window system

yeah mano....you don't have to answer this.....but where do you get the money to support all of this? is it from your own pocket plus your sponsors?

I like this forum software. Who is the developer? How can I get it?

Thx,
llamativo.

Amen to that. I'm using Snitz Forums right now on my site (it's the only decent ASP forum) and it sucked at first, so i've done a LOT of work customizing it. Can't even really tell that it is the same forum now, hehe :)

The cool thing though, is that it's free.

Last edited by a moderator:
what version?

Tranceiant said:
Amen to that. I'm using Snitz Forums right now on my site (it's the only decent ASP forum) and it sucked at first

What version are you using?

G

Hmm, i'm not actually sure. It's not the latest, but it's close. I don't feel I need to bother upgrading. It does what I want it to, and it would be a pain to redo all that i've done.

Back