Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Site Improvements

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    What's the point of a contest section without making people feel special? Think about it... If you want contests where people actually get involved and feel part of something i don't think random posts will work very well. Having a specific place might work better, it's just what i feel, maybe i am wrong.

noobs tend to turn into helpful people if you give them the chance, if you shut them down right away they will just leave. The character thing i didn't realise was an option for these types of forum but that would be pretty easy. Have you ever gone on a song to leave feedback and found it hard to find anything to say about it? Is it a good idea to force people who have nothing to say to write that many characters and give bad advice they're not confident in?

If i was looking for attention this certainly wouldn't be the thread i'de be posting in. I was trying to share my experience from the other side of that post count thing and the character limit. Believe it or not i like this site and would like it to get better, not worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Shostakovich
    A creative artist works on his next composition because he was not satisfied with his previous one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie View Post
    What's the point of a contest section without making people feel special? Think about it... If you want contests where people actually get involved and feel part of something i don't think random posts will work very well. Having a specific place might work better, it's just what i feel, maybe i am wrong.
    Have you checked out the flip this battles? https://www.futureproducers.com/foru...attles-472935/

It is at battle no 8 and is run almost entirely by the previous winners (we do some nudging here and there and move it along, but that is not a big deal)

Have a read through and understand how this came about

Similar things are possible for any other contests; all it takes is a consensus from the members and a willing moderator or two to help out

noobs tend to turn into helpful people if you give them the chance, if you shut them down right away they will just leave. The character thing i didn't realise was an option for these types of forum but that would be pretty easy. Have you ever gone on a song to leave feedback and found it hard to find anything to say about it? Is it a good idea to force people who have nothing to say to write that many characters and give bad advice they're not confident in?
    N00bs should be encouraged to participate in a positive manner rather than just drop cr@p to get their postcount up.

By initiating a minimum char limit they must be genuine about the piece of music they want to comment on; i.e. if they are picking random songs to comment on then the feedback is "useless" anyway; better to encourage them to write about stuff that actually moves them.

This will force them to address individual aspects of the track rather than a generic "it's cool" or similar.
    BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
    Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
    Tutorials and other ideas available here
    My SoundCloud

Thread Information