PMP gives FP a Grade of C- !!!!!!!!!

j.troup

The underlying principles of promoting online will always include "web presence" and nowadays having a solid online representation of your brand is as vital to an individual entrepreneur as it is to a major corporation. With that said it's worth taking a look at different social media platforms that are supposed to be relevant to the business of production to see how well they stack up to the entrepreneurial litmus test. This will be the first in a three part series that analyzes social media websites; in this case study we'll look the forum styled site https://www.futureproducers.com/ to see whether or not they are cultivating a crop of new producers dedicated to changing the future of the production game or if they're just another message board with a slick name and a lot of dumbed-down content......

Click here to read the entire article!!

I think this is worth discussion. Does this article have any validity. This is basically an outsiders view of FP. This is what the FP community as a whole looks like to REAL music business entities out there.

Discuss.

Last edited:
it seems like they looked in the hiphop/rnb section and nothing else. didn't seem to far from the truth though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.satbeats.com

Last edited:
There is some validity, however, i could easily write an article about PMP's quality control, or lack thereof.

Most of the answers came from users that were in the same boat as the individuals asking the question, which doesn't do a great deal for either person.

that's about the truth. I'm not a pro yet, but there's only a few people here I can learn from.

Hmmmm! Grade of a C- but toward the end he writes "Or maybe it's time for a PMP forum?"...its got some valid points but maybe just maybe they might do a little swagger jackin? If he only checked the RNB section not cool. Tons of good information listed by a bunch of FP vets who should NOT be discounted so easily. I would love to hear (read) what some of the FP Vets/ Gurus have to say about this. Maybe some FP gurus can do a write up on PMP.

my thoughts on the article:

#1: i think it was a personal shot at FP...a shot that actually UNDERMINES a lot of time and effort that people put into this site to make it a valuable source of infromation.

i feel like the the whole gist of that article was on some kind of "PROFESSIONALS" vs. "HOBBYISTS" type of angle, and frankly, i think the article does more "damage" than "good".

shooting down other "establishments" and "upping" yours in the name of "objectivity" is wack, and i feel that the author had a negative outlook on this site in general.

before he makes his "high and mighty" claims, HE NEEDS TO START ASKING THE ACTUAL MEMBERS HOW WE FEEL about the content, purpose, and quality of the site.

granted, no online-social community is "perfect", but the fact of the matter remains, that THIS SITE IS MORE OF AN ASSET THAN A LIABILITY...and it's foolish for the author of the article to claim otherwise.

- FyLe ForMatz

also, based on the fact that a lot of what the author wrote was mainly based on arrogant ignorance & half-baked assumptions, i'm actually NOT thrilled to become a PMP member anytime soon.

not saying that the author's views reflect the whole site's viewpoint, but he didn't have to publish that on pmpworldwide.com...he could'a just posted that opinion here, addressing this site DIRECTLY - and kept it "professional"; instead of trying to "point fingers".

but now, and as always, when you criticize, you open yourself up to criticism...

and frankly, i think that the author owes FP an apology for writing and publishing an article that is based more on whimsical opinion than well thought out and researched fact.

Last edited:
after reading that, the basic sentiment i got was that the entire online community was at an internet version of the source awards.

pmp goes up on the stage dressed in an all red suit, steps up to the mic and says.

"for any of you online producers, that wanna get placements, and not worry about internet trolls..........all up on your forums.......dancin.....COME TO PMP"
not doubting the grade, but the motive...
not a good look pmp
(still a happy member, but not a good look)

Last edited:
The underlying principles of promoting online will always include "web presence" and nowadays having a solid online representation of your brand is as vital to an individual entrepreneur as it is to a major corporation. With that said it's worth taking a look at different social media platforms that are supposed to be relevant to the business of production to see how well they stack up to the entrepreneurial litmus test. This will be the first in a three part series that analyzes social media websites; in this case study we'll look the forum styled site https://www.futureproducers.com/ to see whether or not they are cultivating a crop of new producers dedicated to changing the future of the production game or if they're just another message board with a slick name and a lot of dumbed-down content......

Click here to read the entire article!!

I think this is worth discussion. Does this article have any validity. This is basically an outsiders view of FP. This is what the FP community as a whole looks like to REAL music business entities out there.

Discuss.

Cool_story_bro!.jpg

I guess it would look that way if you only look at the HH/RnB board lately.

It has the most traffic but there are 24 boards on here. HH/RnB make up about 15% of the discussions and around 30% of the posts. (Assuming the numbers on the front page are accurate)

Even if you read through the entire HH/RnB board you're still missing 70% of the posts on the site!! FP community as a whole, C'mon son!

Even all the people that dropped knowledge and left still count in the community. You can still go and read every bit of information they posted on here. A lot of it is still relevant. There's a search function and you're free to browse the boards from back to front if you like, there's even a jump to page function to pick up where you left off.

I'm just sayin'.

the timing of this is a bit suspect and i take the opinion that someone trying to sell me something has on his competition with a bucket of salt.
some valid points tho

Maybe troup owns majority stock in pmp and controls any and everything that they say and release to the public lol sounds like conspiracy to me j/k but nah they were pretty much telling the truth but it does seem like they looked at only the hip hop and r&b forum. Ah well who cares; if you like pmp become a member if not just stay around fp your choice!

edited for punctuation error

Last edited:
Back