Introduction Section?

ZerpS

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I just finished typing an introduction with a link to my latest track for feedback and was informed I had to make 5 posts to be able to post a link. Fair enough. So I looked for a place I could introduce myself without providing my track first and.. ... I can't find one?

A lot of forums have an area for new users to introduce themselves and this would be an honorable way to get your first 5 posts in I'd imagine. I do not feel comfortable giving advice or critiquing other's work yet, I am 0 days old here and a complete noob tool at producing. Where should I build my post cred up?

Otherwise, hi guys, hope I can fit in here.

edit: please forgive me if I'm blind and can't see it...

Last edited:
Hey thanks! I guess I was looking for a dedicated area, I didn't see the new people posts there. Thanks :)

I "produce" ... heavy electronic music? At least, most of it is heavy. I'm one of those guys who was into heavy rock and metal growing up, played guitar a bit, learned my favorite Metallica riffs, etc. I came along on the electronic music bandwagon back in 2010 as that's when heavier songs started catching my attention. A few years later I decided to try my stab at production since everyone was trying it (completely honest, I came in on this wave, no die-hard hipster music producer here)

Going Quantum is my favorite podcast (although it's been rather unstable in the last year or so). That would be the best representation of the music I enjoy. Monstercat would be a close second but most of the tracks posted are not something I would produce as much as I love the production quality/different styles of songs.

I've been trying to figure this all out alone over the last 3 years so I figured I'd start hopping on some forums to start discussing things and getting a bit more in depth. My latest track is the first track I've felt stands somewhat close to tracks I like in clarity and loudness but still lacks the complexity and quality I would like to make.

I'm also very musically inept other than my brief guitar stint and these last 3 years have been a big learning experience for me.

I feel like I should of made this in the other thread you directed me to.

that's cool, that's cool. do you like truth and distance? some of the older skream (2010, like you said). those are heavier dubplates. haha i've been producing for a while now, but i've been drifting toward a more blink-182 kind of sound. They and I both write our tunes in F sharp major, so there are a lot of similar emotions.

haha it's good to meet ya!

Back