I thought I saved a draft...

BRHSM

I was writing a post when I had to close my PC and I saw it said auto-saved in the bottom right... now i'm back on and I can't find it anywhere! where did it save?

The auto-saved content only reloads in the same post window you already have/had opened, if you have to leave that and lose your content. There isn't any "draft" section here, unfortunately...

Well, no, if you leave that page and come back, and you lost your content because it timed-out, if the "auto-saved" message appears, you can click on it and it will re-populate with whatever the most recent cached/auto-saved version of your lost content was. It's just that there isn't a receptacle for that "saved" content anywhere on FP, other than that particular window. It's the same if you accidentally shut your computer down, and when you re-start, it has saved content for you. If you don't choose to open that temporary file, that content is lost. It doesn't go to a magical land of auto-saved content by reading your mind to know whether you want it or not. The CPU power that would take would be astronomical.

Back