Fixing the busy server!! A suggestion

bobsmitt

i'm not sure if this will help but i'm think it will. I have been having a hard time browsing this forum like many others because of the overwhelming # of busy server messages and general slow speed of this site (i'm not sure if that has to do w/ mano and his fixing stuff up) out of curiousity i looked at the active users and saw 79 members and 231 GUESTS!!! i then thought that mano should set the forum so that guests can't view the forum because it's incoviniencing the people who CARE and take the time to register.

bobsmitt said:
looked at the active users and saw 79 members and 231 GUESTS!!! i then thought that mano should set the forum so that guests can't view the forum because it's incoviniencing the people who CARE and take the time to register.

hmmm...they are probably the ones running the search funtion into the ground..

Perhaps Mano should edit the SQL queries to only allow registered users to run searches...

I am in the middle of putting the site together!

Of course it is SLOW :) ... Don't worry that is not my intention - nor is what you will experience WHEN I AM DONE

;)

So...

SORRY for the speed at which it is right now, and sorry for the bare "look" of things too BTW - it is ALL GOING TO CHANGE

Thanks!

1000 people should be able to see the site at once, FAST. It will happen. Thanks for your patience.

mano 1 said:
I am in the middle of putting the site together!

Of course it is SLOW :) ... Don't worry that is not my intention - nor is what you will experience WHEN I AM DONE

;)

So...

SORRY for the speed at which it is right now, and sorry for the bare "look" of things too BTW - it is ALL GOING TO CHANGE

Thanks!

1000 people should be able to see the site at once, FAST. It will happen. Thanks for your patience.

:victory: go for it!

nothing to do with search BTW - search is disabled anyway

No worries it will all get fast... Thanks for your patience.

BLAM BLAM

Things should be MUCH faster, but I won't stop there... More optimizations coming!

it's working well now. i screwed up in the hiphop forum with a quadruple post and i wasnt able to get in a fix it but now everything is fast and functioning.

BLAM!!!

i havent seen it this fast since before we used to get 200 people online at the same time. this site is "haulin a$$" now.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

testing a new cool feature: PREVENT DOUBLE POSTING

Last edited:
Last edited by mano 1 : Today at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

!!!!!

That is quality! You code that in yourself mano?

bobsmitt said:
hmm ya problem fixed

Be excited! BE BE excited!

;)

Back