Your Favorite DAW and WHY (Whats the one feature you can't live with out?)

Beats By Gambit

I always find it interesting to find out what type of gear people use and why. Every DAW has its strong points and weak points. I started in a a little program called M Audio Session. I quickly got out of that and into FL Studio, got out of that and intro Reason. Reason doesn't use third party plug ins so I got bored quick. Tried using Pro Tools with Reason and FL and that was a hassle.

When I got into Logic Pro my workflow changed. I had the same feel sequencer as Reason, but the choice of all my Plug Ins like FL.

My choice of DAW is Logic.

My one feature I can't live without is Export all function in Logic. Makes tracking a breeze.

FL studio because I've been using it since Fruityloops 3. I was able to make beats fast like on my hardware sequencer. I did learn cubase and protools because of having to. Most studios have both. I tried to make beats an both and did. Just takes to much time which is why I still have FL studio as my #1 DAW and now its a powerhouse of a DAW and still as simple to pick up as fruityloops 3.0.

I was going to get logic but its like how many DAWS do i have to learn. You can make equally sounding music on all.

Just comes down to preference.

FL Studio #1 - Cubase #2 for instrumentals
Learn Cubase or Protools for Recording.

Eventually Fl will get as good at cubase or protools for recording.

Maschine because it just feels right. I still haven't found a way to implement it with a proper daw effectively so I just treat it like it is a DAW

Studio One v2

Everything really. I love the overall workflow. But If I had to choose just one thing, it would be the Drag n Drop. I don't rememberwhat it's like scrolling through a list to find my plugin, choose it, and press OK... I couldn't even imagine that anymore.

how is studio one? I feel like I should try all these daws but Im already too ill with FL/Maschine I don't wanna mess that flow up

Personally, I like Studio One 2. The drag-n-drop workflow is really fast and effortless. But again, it's not much different than any other DAW like cubase, logic, nuendo, pro tools, etc.

If you have a nice flow with FL studio and Maschine, I think you should stick with that. There's no point in going to other DAW's if your already happy with the one you have.

Last edited:
Studio one v2. I can't see myself going back to Ableton or to Cubase having used this daw for the past 5 months. Its so intuitive and streamed line. You can achieve almost everything in just one step, Automation, Side chaining, bus tracks, midi, pitch etc. Simply the best. Using ableton i felt like i was in a wheelchair, in studio one i can work my magic, A lot of people are switching too, Like Headhunterz, Mercer, Dillon Francis, Nicky Romero is starting to use it too, Knife party say its amazing. Although its still a young daw with version 3 it will be unbeatable.

Seriously try it out.

For recording musicians (especially drummers) I use Logic Pro 9 on Mac, for it's realibilty , and for mixes and mastering of those songs recorded on the Mac, I use Mixcraft 5 on my Windows 8 machine, because of it's lightness, and because all VST I use to produce drums etc. are external and purchased part

Adobe Audition.. can't say it does anything 'better' than the others, but the simple fact the layout and workflow is just like premiere pro and photoshop makes it easier for me to handle all the editing I need with the least bit of headache.

Back