Why do some producers hate Fl Studio??

Well for one it look so cheesy as far as the interface is concerned. That and it was never really considered a professional music software program when I was coming up. It was initially created by college students to create dance tracks from what I hear.
Anyway it's really not about what you use, it's how you use it IMO
I don't hate it, I just prefer not to use it.

I myself prefer using hardware AND software so a turntable, some analog synths, Maschine and Logic along with a guitar, bass and other live instruments are my preference.
Cant really use FL with that set up...

Last edited:
I myself prefer using hardware AND software so a turntable, some analog synths, Maschine and Logic along with a guitar, bass and other live instruments are my preference.

Cant really use FL with that set up...

Help me out here, why can't you use FL with that set up?

What can FL Studio do?

Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, and using spline-based automation curves or automation generators with formula-based control of links.
Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
Live music performance including video effect visualization.
Mix and remix audio, including application of real-time audio effects such as delay, reverb & filtering.
Multi-track audio recording.
Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
Sequencing and arranging.
Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting (VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native format)

Hmm never knew it was considered a DAW... Can you record a live band on it like you can in Logic?
It may be different now, but I'm old school and as far as I can remember, it's always been a joke amongst producers from my era...
I mean they obviously changed the name for a reason (or abreviated it rather) cause who would take "fruity loops" seriously lol the name itself is as gay as its interface haha

Last edited:
Producers hate Fruity Loops because they do not know how to use it and/or those who know how to use it have ended those producers' careers. Ask Soulja Boy.

Last edited:
It is a common misconception that many producers hate FL Studio....it's actually an excellent program despite the fact that it seems to attract the lowest form of scum.

All DAW's have there fair share of hatemail. FL is great in my opinion, I use it for making both Dubstep (with the respective plugins, e.g. massive) and Progressive House. Personally I think it was more made for Electronic Music than instrumental genres. My suggestion: Download the demo, try it yourself. Get to know it, and don't base your judgement off of what others think.

I love to joke on Fruity Loops only because of how happy people are about it on the net. lol! I remember Fruity Loops being a popular program for hip hop way back in the days. It was the Fruity Loops/ Reason talk before the internet. It was used by many back then before the download......people don't know the history of it. I remember seeing it in a box before many people knew about the internet. So personally I have no problem with it......I choose to side with people who joke on it though because a lot of people who start out using it sound like some kids and shit. "YOU SEE.......9th WONDER USES IT.......LEX USES IT"........like it validates some shit. I'll kick all of yall Fruity Loop asses in MTV GENERATOR........dead gummit!

And you Pro Tools ass dudes.........have your nose in the air and shit....."IT's THE INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR A REASON".......sounding like scientist and shit.

And you Reason ass dudes......."I TWEAK MY SOUNDS......YOU GUYS STILL USE PRESETS.........GIVE ME A BREAK.....I.M ON ANOTHER LEVEL".........reason users are some weirdos ...I tell ya.

And you MPC ass dudes......"I LOVE TO LIMIT MYSELF SO I CAN PUSH MYSELF TO THE LIMIT".......naw MFer......you just slow as hell. TOok you 10 minutes to sample......45 minutes to chop the shit....and want to make a video saying "a 5 minute beat". :cry: Hittin on the pads to show the sample cuts and shit.....chest stuck out because its a 2000......treating it like its a car and shit.....candypaint and woodgrain on your MPC 2000. Primitive asses.

And you Cubase ass dudes...........nah yall some cool dudes.

And you Logic ass dudes......SEE MAN.....I ROLLS WITH MAC BABY!!! YALL PC DUDES ARE A JOKE....I CAN'T TAKE YOU PC DUDES SERIOUS.......BUT DAMN....I WISH I COULD GET SOME OF THOSE VST's BAD THOUGH..........I MEAN REALLY BAD!!

And you Live ass dudes......I fuucks with Live.....Live dudes are cool.

Last edited:
I love to joke on Fruity Loops only because of how happy people are about it on the net. lol! I remember Fruity Loops being a popular program for hip hop way back in the days. It was the Fruity Loops/ Reason talk before the internet. It was used by many back then before the download......people don't know the history of it. I remember seeing it in a box before many people knew about the internet. So personally I have no problem with it......I choose to side with people who joke on it though because a lot of people who start out using it sound like some kids and shit. "YOU SEE.......9th WONDER USES IT.......LEX USES IT"........like it validates some shit. I'll kick all of yall Fruity Loop asses in MTV GENERATOR........dead gummit!

And you Pro Tools ass dudes.........have your nose in the air and shit....."IT's THE INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR A REASON".......sounding like scientist and shit.

And you Reason ass dudes......."I TWEAK MY SOUNDS......YOU GUYS STILL USE PRESETS.........GIVE ME A BREAK.....I.M ON ANOTHER LEVEL".........reason users are some weirdos ...I tell ya.

And you MPC ass dudes......"I LOVE TO LIMIT MYSELF SO I CAN PUSH MYSELF TO THE LIMIT".......naw MFer......you just slow as hell. TOok you 10 minutes to sample......45 minutes to chop the shit....and want to make a video saying "a 5 minute beat". :cry: Hittin on the pads to show the sample cuts and shit.....chest stuck out because its a 2000......treating it like its a car and shit.....candypaint and woodgrain on your MPC 2000. Primitive asses.

And you Cubase ass dudes...........nah yall some cool dudes.

And you Logic ass dudes......SEE MAN.....I ROLLS WITH MAC BABY!!! YALL PC DUDES ARE A JOKE....I CAN'T TAKE YOU PC DUDES SERIOUS.......BUT DAMN....I WISH I COULD GET SOME OF THOSE VST's BAD THOUGH..........I MEAN REALLY BAD!!

And you Live ass dudes......I fuucks with Live.....Live dudes are cool.

Hehehehehehe...

no-skrillex-mac-is-not-an-instrument.jpg

I joke hard on the MPC 2000.....but I'm trying to get me one next month because I always wanted one. lol! Burgandy with the peanutbutter pads and the wood grain.....with the 24k gold buttons...boooooyeeeeeeeeee!!! I'm serious too.

I like that black on black.

tumblr_ltrf1yr2SJ1qzpwo4o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
FL is cold lol...You can get the same results from any DAW, its just a means to an end...all depends on preference, ppl that hate on a DAW dnt know how to use it as good as the one they prefer.

I've heard the same thing about FL STudio. I guess people don't like it because of the name Fruity loops, and the way it looks. The name and look is actually very cheesy. I know this was the reason I was so reluctant to use it.
I started out on reason but didn't like the sequencer in reason or the fact that you couldn't use vsts so was looking for another DAW to use it with that worked on PC. I dwnloade4d the DEMO and LOved IT! Still use it!
Loads of producers use FL. Lex luger, afrojack, Hardwell... these are the only ones I know of the top of my head but I'm sure theres many more. So anyone who says u cant produce proffessional sound in FL is full of crap.

TRY IT for yourself, If u like it, Use it!!!:victory:

honestly if you have the talent it doesn't matter what you use, I remember hearing at one point that Teddy Roxpin uses garage band (not sure if he still does).

I also find it odd that people don't think FL studio is professional. Although as people have said its about the person that uses it and not the software itself. I've heard some extremely good music that I later found out was made in FL studio. The same goes for any other DAW.

FL used to be junk, from what I heard but has improved their features significantly. Currently it is actually a very decent program, so I hear. I think the problem is many "older" producers including myself saw it when it first started and rather not use it.

Back