what version of pro tools?

Brendan Bonura

Young Dienasty
ive been looking to buy pro tools for my mixing, but am very confused on which version i should buy. I know i dont want the S.E. version because it doesnt have a mixer in it, but i also dont want to spend $700 on the full version of pro tools 10...

ive seen the m audio mobilepre for $130, and the mbox mini for $300. are both of the softwares that come with these interfaces the same, or is the software that comes with the mini better?

i realy need some guidence, cuz i realy dont feel like spending alot more money on features I will never use.

Avid interfaces ship with Pro Tools Express (similar to SE).

M-Audio interfaces ship with SE.

Some M-Audio interfaces were available with PT M-Powered 9 but I believe it has been discontinued. You may still find it out there with some retailers.

Avid | Pro Tools 10 Software
*At the bottom of the page you will see a Pro Tools version comparison chart.

DV Toolkit is not a version of PT.
*It's an add on to Pro Tools LE.

PT LE no longer exists, new at least.

The current versions available are:

Pro Tools 10
Pro Tools 10 HD
Pro Tools Express
Pro Tools SE (may be discontinued)

DV Toolkit is not a version of PT.
*It's an add on to Pro Tools LE.

PT LE no longer exists, new at least.

The current versions available are:

Pro Tools 10
Pro Tools 10 HD
Pro Tools Express
Pro Tools SE (may be discontinued)

ok, so i believe that express is the best choice for my needs... but i havent found a boxed version of it. I have noticed it comes with the mbox and mbox mini. is that the only way to get express, and does the mbox mini and mbox come with the ilok?

ProTools is expensive but worth every penny IMO. I use it and love it. It's a one time purchase. If you want to go with a great software on a budget look at Studio One or Cubase Elements.

Back