VST's for Dubstep, DnB

mokshastep

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had any recommended VST plugins good for dubstep and DnB. I currently run off of a Samsung Series 5, with FL as my DAW. Maybe I'm just missing this but are there plugins better suited for the genre?

I'm aiming to get sounds similar to "Experts" by Skism. Before you say "don't copy, make your own", I know that. I planned to build off of that as a basis, since I really like his style.

ANY vst

I wish I did dubstep and that kind of music every synth I bought almost every preset screems dubstep esp. Massive and z3ta those are my 2 picks and there cheap massive is hard to learn I still dont know it. If I were to pick one synth z3ta

Rob Papen's Predator is a good one. U-he's Zebra2. Lennar Digital's Sylenth 1. NI's Massive is a must have. People also get a lot of use out of NI's FM8 and Absynth and i find that Rob Papen's Subboombass gives me the cleanest sub bass's for layering and trying to add that low end to my tracks. If you can only get one it should really be Massive (IMO). It can make some really great sounds (clean or dirty) and don't worry about how difficult it appears at first. There are a million tutorials on Youtube and hundreds of Preset packs available (free and paid) on the interweb.

massive and fm8 seem to be the standard with people like skism.... but saying that, you'll always need to process the sound coming out of the synth anyway but i think these two give the best results for this style straight out of the box..... also FLstudios Harmor sounds great ;)

Reaktor is good for building solid source samples. It's all about resampling, processing, layering, etc...

I basically use one VST for everything, and that is Massive. Mainly because you can make everything with it, and partially because I can't afford anything else...

Massive, Vanguard is pretty good. Harmless + Harmor seem like good secondaries.

Use massive by native instruments you can get loads of drum n bass and dubstep presets, and if you put aside some time to learn it you can pretty much create any dubstep sound

Massive gets the thumbs up from me too, if you do get it start with the presets and then tweek to your own style, it does take time to master but it's worth it and you'll feel like your in your element.

One cool thing about massive is that are plenty of tutorials on youtube. By following those tutorials, you'll eventually learn how to create your own sounds. Like the wobble bass from one of my songs "The Crow", I've made it myself and got pretty satisfied with it.

I use Massive for most of my synth work in any style. It's versatile and easy to work with, automation is simple as hell with it. No mod matrixes to mess with and such. I'm also a big fan of Surge. It has a similar set up for modulation to Massive though it can be a bit more confusing at first. It also has a bit more of a "raw" sort of sound than Massive does, at least in my opinion. Out of the two, I'd go for Massive first due to the insane amount of tutorials you can find on the web for making sounds. Once you get a hang of it you'll be able to quickly learn any other synth you might decide to use. It's a synth I wish I had years ago when I first started making music.

Back