world of drum loops explained: how to use them and where to get them.

dksucharda

Broad topic question: with a few exceptions I don't believe there are many things that are free, and when it comes to getting something for free on the internet I get especially suspicious. Why would somebody do all the work to create/maintain a website and have material for free down load unless there was something in it for them. At the end of this month I am planning on getting the ATOM by presonus. In preparation for when it arrives I would like to have a couple places I can go to get drum loops. I don't mind paying reasonable prices for decent drum loops and in fact almost prefer this. My question is this, is there TRUSTWORTHY, ESTABLISHED, WELL KNOWN, sights that are kind of the "known standard" that you all use that have maybe some free drum loops of lower quality to learn from and then some higher quality loops you pay for that maybe also has a tutorial on how to use their drum loops. Thank you for your replies.

Well that is a good question. The "all inclusive website" I am thinking of would tell me the difference. what I a looking for is a series of 4 or 8 bar loops that have all the elements of drums with a standard kick, snare, some high hats, and toms that are all playing at once, and then at the end of the 4 or 8 bar loop there is a fill, like there would be in a real band. I would assume that I could import this into my track and set the tempo and the drums would adjust automatically to the tempo I select for that song. with this in mind, any suggestions. thank you.

Back