whta 's the insturment that dr. dre used to use all the time to make that west coast

drinmaster

dr .dre used to use this whistle in hell of his beats back in the day like let me ride or, ain't nothing but a g thang, and gin and juice, and murder was the case they gave me? i'm trying to use that.

it's some sort of basic sine or triangle (?) wave. you can get them in most basic synths. add portamento to get that slidey effect it has.

that's a good question, I've been tryin to get that sound for a minute, Jodeci used that alot to back in the day

He used a Roland JV-1080 sound module. You might be able to find a some software patches similar online somewhere. On the new Reason 4.0 there are some patches in the Thor that sound pretty similar. Also you can make it yourself with a sine wave and a little tweaking. Good Luck!!!

It's a basic mono saw wave with some portamento(aka legato or slide) on it. Can be achieved on nearly any synth there is, just mess with the filter to change it from smooth (G Thing) to Harsh (Natural Born Killaz) however you like it.

Personally I like it best coming out of a minimoog, or an emulation of it. Check out a free one here http://home.no/gunnare/

^basically.

i said that in the first post, and people are suggesting this synth and that synth. any old freeware synth can get you taht.

yeah... I ran across it by accident on Reason 3 one day

the minimougeVA vst (which is free) has a similar preset to that sound - with some extra tweakage im sure it could be possible using it. pies

Back