who uses direct wave?

RNV

I just found out about it a few days ago and downloaded all the free kits... the sounds are kinda sick.

I use it at times, seems like it may be underrated, but it would be cool if sounds came with it.

I think it does,i was able to download a bunch of free sounds off it, some were for purchase but there were alot of freebies... just hiit the select preset button at the top and go to Samplefusion.... from there you should be able to get some sounds... hope it works for ya.

Yeah i know that, but i meant like a full library with strings and such maybe. But the Player version is free so, and it has some free downloads, can't complain about free. The full version will let you put your own stuff in it so that's good, but i guess i wanted something closer to Hypersonic or something with a library like Kontakt.

Last edited by a moderator:
dirtymike said:
Have you use it to clone and VST's yet?
Can't do it because I only have the Player version. I only own the Producer edition currently and never bought DirectWave.

dirtymike said:
Have you use it to clone and VST's yet?
what would be the point of cloning a VST? why not just use the VST?

look for soundfonts online. i know emu has some nice sounds that you can use in directwave. http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/ it doesn't use the same soundbank as the proteus, but a lot of the sounds available for proteus are in thier free soundfont banks. i was surprised at how nice their soundfonts were, and you can use them in just about any sampler, directwave included.
LevLove

Last edited:
Back