What instruments are used on "in da club"?

It's such a great track, yet the instrument arrangement is pretty simple I think.

*Drums (with claps)
*Bass (guitar or synth)
*Electric guitar (guitar riff is just that repeating one note at semiquaver intervals)
*Orchestra Hit (This sound is on alot of sound banks in hardware synths, Not sure about which soft-synths have this. You could reconstruct it with something like orkestra soundbank on reason2)

They're the instruments that make the main riff...

Off course the magical part is the vocals and the way the rhythms all come together.

Johnny /Wasted/

Last edited by a moderator:
wasted said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what's an MPC?

Johnny /Wasted/

Its an overrated box that newbies who are not computer literate (yeah, i said it) or who fail to move with advances in technology, choose to buy for exorbitant amounts of money all in the hopes of making "dope" beats. A good majority of them couldn't program a VCR talk less an MPC. Their beats are still wack!!

taar44 said:

Its an overrated box that newbies who are not computer literate (yeah, i said it) or who fail to move with advances in technology, choose to buy for exorbitant amounts of money all in the hopes of making "dope" beats. A good majority of them couldn't program a VCR talk less an MPC. Their beats are still wack!!

I'm really going to miss comments like this...

...Truth at it's best....

..Oh yeah. I also own an MPC, but I'm pretty computer literate.:rolleyes:

Well, MPCs are more oldskoolyness. You know that ugly duckling song, about how their DJ was like, Djin when he was 5, there's that lyric "1200s in his shed - MPC in his sheets". And DON'T BAG UGLY DUCKLING!

taar44 said:

Heheh...

Eat food.

Smilie said:
What instruments are used on "in da club"?

Don't know what equipment but I was 'studying' indaclub a whil back and I determined at least the following instruments:

1) Fast attack strings
2) Pizzicato strings
3) Orch hit
4) Bass
5) Kick, hats, shakers
6) The all important signature claps
7) muted guitar

For a laugh check out my attempt at duplicating the first few bars using soundfonts in FL Studio

Indaclub Fruity Loops Stream

hey, not bad. the shakers move at half the speed you had it on... but that was a pretty decent emulation. i wouldnt laugh at it!

as far as the comment tears made, wellll..... some of you need to get over the whole mpc vs computer thing, for real. a lot of people use the mpc like Jay Dee, and he is FAR from wack. of course, its the man and not the machine, REGARDLESS. but then, with all your computer knowledge, you are selling major units, right? just because you have the pc, you are better and not "wack" like the cats that use an mpc? peopl elike you make me hate these websites, because you are so frickin arrogant and look for things to argue about THAT ARE POINTLESS.

some peopl esimply prefer hardware, and for you to say that "their beats are still wack" simply for the equipment they use is just ignorant.

as far as the "in the club" beat, that was scott storch, not dre. yes, dre has an mpc, but he doesnt really do the physical tracks these days..... mel man uses one to. i know scott storch works with keyboards alot.... and so what if its an mpc and a triton? who cares? you are some dumb, ignorant morons.

yo i agree. it dont matter if u use a triton or a pc just as long as u got the God given gift to do it like ur breathing.

Re: Re: What instruments are used on "in da club"?

NFX said:
For a laugh check out my attempt at duplicating the first few bars using soundfonts in FL Studio

Indaclub Fruity Loops Stream

Ha ha ha! Wordup! Great! Notes are correct, your choice of TYPES of samples is good, but lame choice of the actual sounds.

Can you export midi file of it so i can try out just for a laugh?
i''l be sharing with you guys.
peace

yeah finding the right quality samples/instruments is always a chore. I wasn't going for quality though I was just breaking it down to learn a few things.

Just a note that when I use FL and MIDI I rarely adhere to the General MIDI spec. As you'll see I use several tracks just for the drums, etc.. Trying to play the MIDI directly will sound crappy. You have been warned!

Read the TXT file to see what instruments/sounds I assigned to the individual tracks.

93 BPM

indaclub MIDI and TXT

Enjoy...

mpc midi production center :all ur samples from diff hardwares like the triton keyboard or any ****in retarded keyboard or soundmodule u have will work on it because it has a sequencer with like 64 tracks too kids

HAHA I WAS GOING TO POST A FORUM ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT I TOO MY SELF AM TRYING TO RECREATE IT IN FL THE ORCHESTRAL HIT SOUND LIEK TO ME A TIMPANI BUT I COULD B WRONG

taar44 said:

Or...it's a somewhat expensive MIDI production tool that some people get very upset about not being able to afford.

MPC stands for MIDI Production Center. It's an incredibly versatile sequencer and sampler as well as a hell of a "brain" for your MIDI studio, provided you have some MIDI hardware you need to synch. It can either control other MIDI instruments or be controlled by other MIDI instruments.

Find out more at www.akaipro.com

p.s. FYI - I can't program my VCR. I don't give a ****, either.

Back