VSt's used in the hip hop industry?

Fya

Anyone known any? I got Hypersonic 2, and it's okay, but not Ideal for hip hop/rap production. Good for instruments, not so good for synths/arpeggiated sounds, etc...

pretty much everything, sampletank, nexus, NI stuff. everybody's pretty much using the same stuff software wise.

why would u wanna use what is mostly used in the game right now and also arps and gates? (which is an fx not a sound) use what u like thats whats gonna get u in the game.

but to answer ur question anything is ok for hip hop so grab anything u want and like

Dang this sucks, cause I got a crap PC. FL studio just goes crazy when I try using massive. Hypersonic though, isn't a cpu eater

Fya said:
Anyone known any? I got Hypersonic 2, and it's okay, but not Ideal for hip hop/rap production. Good for instruments, not so good for synths/arpeggiated sounds, etc...

I'd say about anything.

Probably the most standout VSTs though will be the ROMPLER type stuff that uses samples like Kontakt 3, Battery 3, Dimension Pro, SampleTank, Sonicsynth, Philharmonik, Eastwest Play engine type stuff, Guru, Omnisynth, Trilogy, Stylus.

These will get you closer to the Fantom, Motif, Triton type of stuff many rap producers use on their boards, since most of those presets are based off of samples.

There are good nonVST softsynths as well. Ableton Live's Simpler, Impulse and Drum Racks are real good for rap drums because of their easy sampling ability. Fruityloops also have a good interface for drums for some people. Reason's Redrum is another good one.

I'd say a real good thing would be Reason, because it has IMO the best mix of bread and butter and exotic type of presets, similar to what you would get with a hardware workstation. Reason gets a lot of slack because the majority of its sounds don't have any effects, but Reason's combinator comes with effected type of sounds as well. Reason gives you sample based stuff and synths which really gives you the best of both worlds.

Synth wise Minimoogs are always a hip hop staple, so Arturia's MiniMoog would be a good choice. IK's Minimoog might be a good alternative. But any type of techo synth would be good as well. NI Massive is nice sounding, as well as Z3ta, or even Pro 53 for that matter. It is more of a programming perspective for cool synth sounds. Cool sounds can come from about any synth. Usually the easiest ones to tweak with behind the hood flexibility will be the best synths. Reason's Thor is a good example of the right blend between ease of use and power.

NI Komplete + Kore would probably be a good VST setup. It will give you everything but NI synths are pretty deep and you need to ask yourself if you want that much power.

NI Komplete + Kore would probably be a good VST setup. It will give you everything but NI synths are pretty deep and you need to ask yourself if you want that much power.

nope heard nothing but bad things about it so I and countless others would not recomend that. Sampletank is not bad

JimbaFrosty said:
nope heard nothing but bad things about it so I and countless others would not recomend that. Sampletank is not bad

lmao b.cox makin them hits with kore 2...

Hypersonic is a HOE!! a goddamn hoochie of a hoe! hahaha

I know Just Blaze uses Native Instruments Battery 3 and iZotope Trash

JimbaFrosty said:

I don't know countless others who wouldn't recommend it. To me, Native Instruments makes some of the most powerful instruments available. The range of sounds you can get from Komplete 5 is completely ridiculous.

JimbaFrosty said:

Synthwise, it would be hard to beat Komplete. Only drawback is that Komplete is kind of overkill.

There isn't much that can't be made using all of the tools you have in Komplete.

Sampletank doesn't really compare much with Kontakt neither in terms of its sampling engine, (Sampletank has more bread and butter type presets though, although I think the ones Kontakt 3 has are of better quality).

I don't own Kore though and only recommended it because I thought it would be a good way to organize 7500 presets. All of those sounds are hard to find in Komplete.

a unique fav. of mine is the artirua cs-80v. before I bought any hardware a while ago I always used this vst. It sounds pretty close to analog for a vst, and has nice arp/fx.

I can't stand Kore 2, their sounds are mediocre, I bought it and I am selling it. so...................... Never again NI synths or products will I buy.

Back