Spectrasonics Stylus RMX

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ABHI

Mad freakin software. just that i have absolutely no idea how to use it. My production partner has installed it, and i ain't gotta clue of what it does.

Can anyone help me on this. Maybe some tutorial website or an online manual, or whatever. After all 10GB of sound samples, there must be something real to the HYPE.

Peace.

Read the manual.
No manual ? Illegal version. :mad:

Piracy is not allowed on FP - due to illegal software downloading and/or installing serious/honest people have to pay more for their legal software.

Beware - next time you'll be banned.

i can imagine serious people have to pay the price. For example i am paying a price for your comments.

Did you not read properly. My production partner has installed THE ORIGINAL, but since i work alot on my own as well i don't have access to the manual. Plus these manuals don't give tips and triicks.

Thats actually what i am looking for.

Sorry but i thought this forum was open to ppl asking for help. Obviously i was wrong.

Does your production partner has a multi-user license or something ?
Spectrasonics - as well as many other software brands - doesn't allow installing one single license (the usual single-user license) on several PC's. There should be a license for every PC and even every user.

And still even if your production partner has a multi-user license, why calling him a real "partner" if he even doesn't want to install (?) the manuals or give you some info how to use it. Come on...

And there are no tutorials about the software and also there's no need for - read the f###ing manual - everything you need to know is in there.
Also the copyright and licenses notes.

WOW. Bro your really taking this too far. Please relax.

I work in a studio which has been rented from another guy. there are several people like me who work within the same environment, and everyone brings his own input to this place.

Now i'm sure he has only installed the software here, so its probably a single license. I am not a very technological person, i am a songwriter and vocalist, so the manual would be far beyond my understanding. However, because of your persistance i will give it a try!

Atleast now i know that there are no other resources i can look at!!

Do you even have the Stylus RMX package?

OK nevermind. I'm not the law but I have to moderate this forum - and I can assume that you have good intentions but I saw so much bad boys pass the revue with piracy sites, piracy questions etc... that I have to be careful.
After all I answered your Q: everythingyou'd know to use it is in the extensive manual - and you won't find any tutorials for this. If the matter is too hard I can only recommend not to use the program, sorry.
And I don't have Stylus RMX (yet ?), as I still use the former Stylus and still other Spectrasonics software. Legal ánd wíth manuals. :)

Sorry for the way I had to interrupt your thread - I apologize - but usually it is the only way to make people be awared that using illegal software is actually making the software brands go broke and/or making the honest users go pay more for their official software.
Thanks for understanding & cheers. :cheers:
And if you're still using an illegal version: f### off.

Thank you, bro.

I can imagine it being hard to control this illegal piracy thing. Personally i don't do anything Pc related, so when i heard the whoo haa about this RMX package, i had to try it for myself.

Small people trying to do big things.

ABHI said:
i can imagine serious people have to pay the price. For example i am paying a price for your comments.

Did you not read properly. My production partner has installed THE ORIGINAL, but since i work alot on my own as well i don't have access to the manual. Plus these manuals don't give tips and triicks.

Thats actually what i am looking for.

Sorry but i thought this forum was open to ppl asking for help. Obviously i was wrong.

LOL. What manuals? The legit release doesn't even come with ANY manuals at all so if you're reading manuals, that would explain your troubles. They're the wrong manuals. LOL. Stylus RMX ships with extremely well cooked quicktime tutorials. If your partner who has received manuals with his legit copy also got the movie tutorials, then maybe he can let you burn them to a DVD and watch them at your own place.

THM said:
using illegal software is actually making the software brands go broke and/or making the honest users go pay more for their official software.

Software is expensive because people are willing to pay for it. It's simple business. If you were willing to give me a grand for a piece of buggy software that I developed, I'd be more than happy to sell it to you. I also wonder why one of the most widely pirated pieces of software I know of, is also the most developed and least expensive, FL Studio. I also wonder why Cakewalk sells their top of the line product with a mere password to serve as protection. Makes you think doesn't it?

Okay, Manuals or no manuals, I'm gonna stick to writing.

This is a whole world on its own, the whole software vs. hardware bulsh*t.

But i gues THM is right, If you intend to make music and earn some money on it, the least you could do is contribute back to the industry that supports you.

And i see a whole bunch of people using certain very questionable packages to make music and it makes you wonder what the end use is. I heard the sound of FL and it just didn't have the punch. If your seriously making music to earn a living, you NEED original software. Most big labels will require you to give a listing of original softwares used on your track.

And btw: the first Stylus version dóes have a manual (a 50 pages .pdf file if you'd like).

L.A. Stone - it'd surprise me if the current RMX version doesn't have any manual at all - even more: to be honest I don't believe it. Do yóu have a legal version ?

THM said:
And btw: the first Stylus version dóes have a manual (a 50 pages .pdf file if you'd like).

L.A. Stone - it'd surprise me if the current RMX version doesn't have any manual at all - even more: to be honest I don't believe it. Do yóu have a legal version ?

So you're calling me a liar, then and questioning whether or not I have a legit copy. As a forum moderator, you should have the common sense to get some facts before saying such things. It's also interesting that you are only aware of the pdf manual from the original Stylus but are not aware of the "Printed "manual.

Anyway, here's something I just copied and pasted from review of Stylus RMX on Cakewalk.net:

"...If this sounds daunting, it is, at least at first. Thankfully, Spectrasonics includes a CD full of introductory and tutorial videos, all in QuickTime format, to help get you started. These provide a superb way to begin the process of finding your way around Stylus RMX, and the videos are very well done. (Hint to DAW vendors and other providers of complex products: Check out what Spectrasonics has done here, as it should serve as a model to the industry for making complex products more accessible.) Unfortunately, as of this writing, a user reference manual or printed user guide is not yet available. (Spectrasonics indicates that a fully searchable reference manual will be integrated directly with the plug-in, and is expected to be available in early April 2005.) There is a printed Installation Guide, and Spectrasonics also recently provided a PDF format index to the tutorial videos..."

I think an apology is in order. If you need further details, let me know. I have plenty since I actually bought both the original and the RMX update.

Nevermind. I don't wanna call yu a liar but you'd admit it is strange that there is no manual or user's guide or whatever added to the software. I don't have the RMX version so I won't say it's not true - but I can't hardly believe it. And why is there a user's guide included with the first Stylus version ?
Bizarre... :)

THM said:
Nevermind. I don't wanna call yu a liar but you'd admit it is strange that there is no manual or user's guide or whatever added to the software. I don't have the RMX version so I won't say it's not true - but I can't hardly believe it. And why is there a user's guide included with the first Stylus version ?
Bizarre... :)

My guess is that the simple reason is Cost. These tutorials were totally produced in house by Eric Persing and company so it didn't cost them anything but labor to make them. Pressing up a single DVD must cost pennies compared to what a printed manual would have cost. Lastly, I don't believe anything short of one of those monster manuals you get with a major sequencer release would be enough to compare to what they've given us on the DVD and probably no tips and tricks. Just basic instruction on basic use. So I'm actually not surprised because what they provided is, in my opinion, much better, if not standard and typical.

What the hell? why are you jumping on this guy about the manuals accusing him of piracy? chill the hell out man. Are you the god of the internet? you didnt even give him a chance to ask a question before you jumped on his ass. Great you paid full price for all your software. you want an F ing cookie? here I'll give you one. Let me ask you a question moderator, have you ever copied a song for a friend off a cd or tape? ever copied a movie off cable? a tv show? OH NO PIRACY!!!! copying software is exactly the same thing. Anything you copy and the author, musician etc doesnt get any money is stealing. dont even try and say you never did this before. So if a friend asks for a copy of the cd your playing what do you say?? (no way man, thats illegal, you will have to buy your own) yeah f ing right. dont try and act like you are holier than everyone when it's all the same.

LOVL :D :D

Machinewave - please chill or you're out of here.

Read the FP rules and if you can't live with those you'll have to visit other forums...

FP rules: https://www.futureproducers.com/rules.php
"We do not allow piracy (...) discussions"

"If there is information that you are doing anything illegal or against FP policy, you will be removed from the site until such issues are resolved. We are a music community, not a place to dispute discrepancies."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back