Sound Efects???

DJ_ARCH

now i would sa all my beats are pretty decent, but the one thing they're missing are sounds effects, you know, like to fill the tracks up. but my thing is i dont know where to find any. ive got Albino, Nexus, Hypersonic, Syntax,Vanguard, and FM8. but in all these vst's i can only seem to find a very small selection of sounds so i wanna know if there are patches that people download for these or, f they program them themselves, or if there are specific vst's for this. thanks for any help

You sound like you mean percs...little ear candy that fills in the gaps.
You'd need to be more specific- there's free VSTs that excel at Sci-fi noises and weird digital blurps.

Take a look at full drum kits like you would find in NI Battery 3 or anything that gives you more than 8 drum samples to make a drum kit.
Those contain additional non-snare/kick/hat/crash elements that are usually used to fill out beats.

Using filters and effects are another way to get interesting sounds- take a normal sound or tone and filter it and apply heavy effects and delays and capture the output. Chop it and use it as a perc.

Get yourself a field recorder and capture the natural sounds around you- even in your studio.

Last edited:
man, i have no idea how to describe it lol. im in class now but when i get back to my dorm ill upload some examples

I you really knew how to use these plugins you could make your own.
It is not hard to learn and it would be so much faster then searching for them. Put to time to learn how they work is time well spended.
In 15 to 20 min you can have a better understanding of it;
They look hard but are really easy to learn.Start with a subtractive
synth like Vanguard.Don't try to learn on a FM8. they are alot harder
to start with.

Go to the Samplecraze website and watch the substractor videos
http://www.samplecraze.com/tutorial.php

Back