Slick 9k compressor

cupwise

I've just released a two part set of compressor programs for Nebula 3 pro/server vst. These are the follow up to my very successful and popular Rayphlex compressors (you can see what people have said about those here).

The new compressor programs are called Slick 9k. Just like last time, part A contains the hard knee compressor mode, and part B contains soft knee mode. Both parts also have a 'pass-through' program which was sampled at 1:1 ratio so there is no compression, and using those will give you some subtle coloration from the units that were sampled. You can go to the page for either part and listen to some mp3 demos that show off how the compressors sound, and if you have Nebula you can check out the free demo program available at the page for part A.
It's fully functional but has a fixed ratio setting (full version is variable from 1:1 to 10:1) and a few other minor limitations. Even with those limitations it is entirely useful and definitely demonstrates the quality of the sound you can get with the full version.

You can read some of the things people have been saying about my Slick 9k compressors here.

Info about Nebula itself:
Nebula is made by Acustica Audio and uses convolution (like the reverb impulses) to try to recreate hardware. It doesn't use standard convolution though. Nebula can 'sample' hardware dynamically and it can also sample up to 9 orders of harmonic distortion, both things that standard convolution can't do. The result is that some sample sets (also known as programs) for use with it are among the most authentic sounding analog hardware recreations out there. So you have to have Nebula to use this compressor. You can see the discussions people are having about all of the programs that have recently been released for Nebula here, and learn more about Nebula itself by exploring that forum. It has a dedicated user base.

-tim

---------- Post added 03-19-2013 at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-15-2013 at 10:42 AM ----------

i've just released an update for Part A that adds 4 different sets of additional programs/presets for the hard knee comp. these are set up to use different detection modes and some also introduce various levels of feedback into the detection path, all of which produce different behaviors which get away from how the original hardware works. all customers should be getting an email soon with links to the updates.

Back