serious problems recording with sound forge 7?

wigglesworth

ive got an emu 1820m. im plugging my mixer cables into the back of the dock.

i can hear the music from my mixer through the monitors, but there is no signal going to sound forge.
ive looked all through the help and i havent been able to figure it out.
anyone know what the problem is?

Make sure that you have the right sound card selected for Recording in your SF preferences...

Options>>Preferences>>Wave

MM

well... i can't give you any specific advice but.. every other soundcard i've come across has 2 parts to the input section.

Usually you have a series of faders for the various audio inputs and then you have some method of selecting which one of those you are actually gonna record from.

Try access the EMU's mixer panel & check your settings in there. Also make sure that your sound card is selected in the Windows Control Panel >> Sounds and Audio Devices>> Audio>> Sound recording.

:)

MM

Wigglesworth,

Yo, I got the same exact problem. You figure this out yet? IT's probably something stupid, but I've tried updating all the drivers, I uninstalled the former sound drivers like they recomended. I checked the preferences in sound forge. All is set to DSP 8400. I tried messing with the patchmix, and switching the channels around. Didn't seem to work, although I have a feeling this is where the problem is. I am positive that the signal is going into the patchmix, It just seems that Soundforge and the Emu card are not communicating. Does anyone else have any idea???? Hit me up..

Wreckon,
wreckon@allofitnow.com
www.soundclick.com/wreckon

i'd say make sure your wave volume is turned up and not muted on ur soundcard mixer panel

Yeah, I'm getting a signal on my 'inputs' soundcard mix panel. I'm just not sure. I tried recording with the simple sound recorder in the accesories menu and that didn't work either. ( I've never used this before, so I'm not sure if it worked anyway). Is it possible that Soundforge and this Emu card just aren't compatible? I can't imagine this is possible... I appreciate the help...
~J

This might sound overly simple, but have you checked that your soundcard's selected from the Windows sound control panel's properties?

krushing said:
This might sound overly simple, but have you checked that your soundcard's selected from the Windows sound control panel's properties?

...bet thats it!!!

that stupid little thing causes more annoyances......

im always switching between 'wave out' and 'line in' and everytime, i forget at first and then go 'doh!' and change it.....

peace.

Back