RTAS to VST converter...

does that actually work

Cause there's a cool compressor i want called Smack, but it's Rtas

Last edited:
I have the VST to RTAS .. and I know everyone said RTAS to VST doesn't exist, but I heard someone had created one for personal use, and it was leaked around..

hey lev...is there a website for the converter for 50?

25ghosts said:
I dont know of any VST to RTAS. There is one that goes the other way. From VST to RTAS.

What you just said goes in the same direction

RTAS will not work as VST. RTAS are ran of a different set of programs. The VST to RTAS converter adds the vst plug to your common files and Pro Tools Libraries so it can be found and acknowleged like a RTAS, but RTAS's are a weird series of programs all the way down to the way they are accessed. You can't make a RTAS to VST converter.

If you like SMACK, Nomad Factory has a Mastering Suite(Analog Mastering Suite I beleive)that I've heard has something equivalent to SMACK in it. But be leary and try a demo 1st. I've been looking for a limiter like the one in Reason, demoed everything, nothing sounds enough like it for what I was trying to do.

rtas is just for pro tools and it opens just like any other vst.and they are alot more solid then vsts sense there designed for pro tools engine so no bugs

my fav rtas Xpand 2

Back