Rayphlex 661x2 Nebula compressor programs

cupwise

This is a new set of compressors I've made for Nebula. Nebula compressors have had a reputation for not really being too reliable for their compression abilities, and many people just use them for their tone and use a separate VST for compression. I think this set of comps should change that. They are based on very transparent hardware but the results still sound like analog compression. You can even limit with some of them and it's still fairly transparent, but smooth.
Nebula release: Rayphlex 661×2 Compressors, Set A | Cupwise FX

If you don't know what Nebula is, and are one of those people who like 'analog simulation' type stuff, you SHOULD know what Nebula is. It compares with UAD stuff as far as the sound quality. It's kind of an 'open' development platform so anyone can make stuff for it, and there are a few core groups who are making top quality stuff. You can see what kind of other stuff is available, and check out the Nebula thing in general, here:
• View forum - 3rd party libraries

---------- Post added 09-29-2012 at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-24-2012 at 12:15 AM ----------

the set has been getting great reviews here and here.

I've just made a few updates.

a) now there is a free demo version available that will work with any free Nebula. the community version is the better of the two, so if you already have it, you don't need the demo version. the demo version is still good for showing the compression.

b) i've added some things to the set. such as duplicate programs for external side-chain input, some of the programs now have a dry % control that you can use to add dry signal back in (which works well because the phase matches nicely), and some of them now have an 'ahead' control which is already usually in most comp programs but i took it out to make room for other stuff and because i never thought ahead was useful. later i saw that it could be used for limiting, so now i've added it back in, for a few progs.

Back