Maybe i am stupid, but does Rebirth respond to sequnecers

ade

original JOKER
Ok, i know the answer is yes but at the moment i am only getting midi note on/off with just triggering the loops made,
ie what i want to do is put some notes in my sequencer and have rebirth play them back, is this possible

platform NT with midi yoke installed, cakewalk home studio 9

[Edited by ade on 01-30-2001 at 08:18 AM]

Yes, in a way there is. There are a few ways to control the two 303 synths from your keyboard or sequencer.
You can never make actual "live" response.

It's like this:
- You set up melodies in the rebirth patterns. You can use your Keyboard ( your TYPING keyboard, not you MIDI).
- You can use your keyboard by setting "control synth from keyboard" in the options menu.

Now you can choose the patterns via your sequencer.

First:

Goto the "Edit - preferences" menu in rebirth.

- Choose an input. If you have cakewalk you should be able to use the cakewalks own output. Otherwise, get "hubis midi loopback" on the internet and choose a "cable" (LB1 F.i.).

- Choose a MIDI channel from which to control your patterns by checking "remote midi control" and selecting a channel to the rigth.

- Check "Rebirth's standard MIDI mapping".

- Also be sure to set "control patterns from keyboard" in the options menu.

In your sequencer:

- Choose your appropriate MIDI-sync output. (if you can already get rebirth going by starting cakewalk, then this should already be OK.)

- Create a new midi-track and be sure that the channel is the same you have selected in Rebirth.

- If you have a MIDI-keyboard, be sure to check if all MIDI input is routed to the output. In this way you can select patterns both from your sequencer and your keyboard.

- Now by making Notes and Continous Contoller Events in your sequencer, you can select patterns, route, mute and
tangle with every device and knob inside rebirth.

This requires some practise, but is very rewarding in the end.

thank u Chriss :)

i am using midi yoke (NT) but this sounds far better than the propellorheads site :D now i can record my output, using cakewalk to control it seems far easier

Back